Author Topic: Do You Believe in Ghosts? Way OT  (Read 3166 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Do You Believe in Ghosts? Way OT
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:02:41 AM »
Like I said, way off topic, but I feel I'm amongst friends here, so here's my story. I am not making this up. 3 or 4 times in as many past months I go into my 'puter room and my PC is unplugged, the power cord just hanging there. It's in an upward facing power strip, no way it could come out on its own. It's just me and wife and she didn't do it. She won't even come in here...smells like cigars.
   A little background, if it even pertains, I don't know. At least 30 years ago we found a plaque on the stump of a huge tree while out looking for Xmas trees in the high mountains. It was dark. I thought it was probably something that pertained to the size of the tree back in the major logging days or something. I took it home.

That was on Dec 21. The next day, Dec 22, we were both sitting in the living room and heard the shower come on in the bathroom by itself. Weird. Turned it off. A few minutes later the 4 burners on the gas stove went on...all by themselves.

The next day I looked at that plaque we found. It was a kilned ceramic tile grave stone. Said something like "may she walk in the sunshine" with Mambo something and some symbols, like snakes, and the date Dec 21. Freaked me out. I tried to return the plaque to where it was found but couldn't find the original location so I left it in my flower bed. Things were quiet for many years but now this computer un-plugging thing is happening.

I was going to submit this to the 'Help and Troubleshooting' forum, but I really don't see an answer forthcoming there. Haha.

What do ya'll think? Did I bring home a poltergeist? I don't feel threatened but something is happening here. Not scared but we're not believers in the supernatural. If I saw something it could change my mind, for sure. I just wondered if anybody else ever experienced anything like this. Thinking about a surveillance cam.

jsapair

Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Do You Believe in Ghosts? Way OT
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:53 AM »
Its the cat!!  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 10:58:29 AM »
Who ya' gonna' call, call Ghostbusters ;D

knswee

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »
Hey jsapair are you sure you dindnt piss off the wife lately..... :)

She may want you to spend more time with her.

If not then set up the cam but dont tell anyone about it and be sure its disguised, might be
interesting outcome.

ken

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 11:28:45 PM »
I did consider a cam at one point, actually, but it wasn't like an every night thing. Hell, maybe I could get a half hour special on the Discovery Channel if I could get 10 secs of footage! Tell you what though, that plaque is still sitting out in the flower bed. I haven't touched it since. You're welcome to try your luck with it. Come on down and get it!

Oh, did I mention the pots and pans knocking the cupboard doors open and landing on the floor 3' away? You'll need cupboard door locks. Locks not included with price of plaque. Which gives me an idea..."possessed grave marker" on Ebay. Starting bid, oh, $1,000. What do you think? Too low?

Spud. I don't have a cat. But if I ever get one, guess what I'll name it? Good guess.

Doug. Got your message. Yes, there are strange forces out there that we do not understand, for sure.

About 20 miles above here is the Inskip Inn, pop. 4, elev 4777', Est 1857; supposedly the oldest continuously open Inn in No. CA. Old stagecoach stop. It's supposedly haunted by an old miner from that era. I stayed there three separate times but never saw an entity. Saw a lot of the whiskey at the downstairs bar, though. Which may or may not have anything to do with the lack of seeing an entity. The wife says even ghosts don't like snoring drunks. (As she sneaked home to unplug my computer).

Hey, its all good.

jsapair

Jsapair

Penzoil3

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 11:30:34 PM »
Go out and apologize to the gravestone. Tell it you didn't mean to disturb it. Tell it bless you, may you rest in peace. Tell it  you would take it back if you could find the spot again.
Seriously !
 Sue

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »
This really should be in the Mistys Place topic, not here.