Author Topic: jaspair's NZNS elevation problems discussion  (Read 13816 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: jaspair's NZNS elevation problems discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
Finally heard from Holger at ORBX so I think a fix will ultimately be forthcoming. Dieter, I think you were on the right track with conflicting files. He wants me to post the entire list of NZSI files and their paths. Sue, from their forums, had a problem almost identical to mine but at a different airport and that's what it was...a problem from a subsequent NZSI related install. I've also got Queenstown and Milford Sound.We'll see what develops. I'll post the results here when I do get it fixed in case others may benefit.

jsapair

Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »
Nothing to report as of yet. I thought Holger wanted me to post search results for NZSI bgl's. That's the whole South Island, so that's what I did...616 files in 16 .jpgs. Turns out I mis-read it...he only wanted the ones pertaining to the particular airport...NZNS. Ten files. OOPS! Talk about feeling like a complete idiot! So the jury is still out.

jsapair
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 11:51:51 PM »
jsapair,
saw your post on ORBX and the search results for NZNS.  I searched my drive for the same and get the same 9 files you do.  (Your first file 'runways.txt' is not part of NZNS and shouldn't show up in the search.
My runways.txt file is found in the FSX root folder like yours.
As for the two identical files:
ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZNS_elevation_adjustment.BGL
Both are NOT turned off, the one in the ORBX\scripts\Custom.au\OFF\  folder has a .BGL extension on it nothing about .OFF.  The OFF is the folder name not filename.
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 07:22:29 AM »
FTX central on OCEANIA
reinstall by overwright
and finalise by Lib ORBX

and i hope that will correct .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jsapair

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 10:25:25 PM »
Spud and Patrick. Both points noted. It may be as simple as a re-install of NZSI and libs, I don't know. Now that I have Holger involved I'm committed to following his plan of action. He wants screen shots now so I'm off to the skies. Thanks for your attention to this matter.
                                   jsapair
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »
Spud, saw your post over at ORBX. And Patrick. There were no entries for New Zealand, South Island, in my scenery library so I re-installed it. Still no entries for NZSI after the re-installation. So something is preventing the installation. I might try that ORBX Registry fix program that I didn't even know existed but I'll wait and see what they say. It's their pay-ware after all is said and done.

To Infinity and beyond, my friends.
                                             jsapair
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
FWIW I have never put FSX anywhere near the (X86) folder as that has been a source of problems since M$ put that folder in the OS.  Some people never have any problems using it an others are plagued with errors etc.  My FSX is installed in C:|FSX, always has been, and never presented any problems for me.  Also I keep everything on one HD which probably helps to keep things running smoothly.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 09:17:03 PM »
Well, I think our friends over at ORBX are tired of hearing from me. The replies have dwindled to nothing and nothing is fixed. In all fairness, their website was down for at least a day. This guy Ben told me to look for a file, ORBX/Scripts/ FTXSettings.XML.  Yeah it's there but when I convert it to .zip to read it, it tells me there are no archives there. Second suggestion was to run this ORBX Registry Fix Utility. It just tells me that my FSX is already installed where it's supposed to be. So I told it again. Re-installed NZSI and nothing. Not a single NZSI entry in my scenery library. Beats me.
Jsapair

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
I'm a little confused.  :o  You converted an XML file to a ZIP file, so you could read it? ???  And it told you there were no archives? ???  That makes sense.  And at the same time, it doesn't.

That won't work.  You should just use notepad to view that file, by right clicking it and choosing "Edit". ;)  A zip file is for storage.  ;)   There are no archives in an XML file.  An XML file could be archived inside a ZIP file though, for storage.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:57:33 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
jsapair,
Are you trying to install ORBX NZSI using your original download zip file?  If so it may be corrupt and will not install.
I suggest you clear your cache, delete NZSI from your HD re-download the payware from your account at the Flightsim Store and try to re-install the software again.
 8)
Later,

Spud

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 03:30:39 AM »
Hi the best way is :
If somebody can see Jsapair install NZSI, with "teamviewer" . For a good Help community GUYS .

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »
Hi the best way is :
If somebody can see Jsapair install NZSI, with "teamviewer" . For a good Help community GUYS .

Patrick

I don't like anyone else's hands in my computer!!!  Never!   ???

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »
Jeff, I got that idea from a Website entitled "Four Ways to View XML files." It said just change the .xml to .zip and open it as a .zip. Using your "Edit" tip in Notepad I see the same thing I see when I just double-click on the .xml file itself. I'll attach a snap of what I see in NP "Edit".

If someone who has NZSI would be so kind, check your ORBX/SCRIPTS/FTXSETTINGS.XML file and see if it's the same as this attachment.

Spud, I was afraid someone would recommend that re-downloading option. 3 GB as you know. And, yes, I'm using the original DL exe. But something sure as hell is wrong and I'm running out of options. (sigh) And apparently it never installed correctly from day 1 so maybe you're right. I never had an install problem B4 this. That will be my next step.

Patrick, thanks, but I'm with Jeff on this TeamSpeak idea.
Jsapair

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 04:00:17 AM »
Hi the best way is :

Patrick

I don't like anyone else's hands in my computer!!!  Never!   ???

Restrict AREA  :D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »
Jeff, I got that idea from a Website entitled "Four Ways to View XML files." It said just change the .xml to .zip and open it as a .zip. Using your "Edit" tip in Notepad I see the same thing I see when I just double-click on the .xml file itself. I'll attach a snap of what I see in NP "Edit".

If someone who has NZSI would be so kind, check your ORBX/SCRIPTS/FTXSETTINGS.XML file and see if it's the same as this attachment.

Spud, I was afraid someone would recommend that re-downloading option. 3 GB as you know. And, yes, I'm using the original DL exe. But something sure as hell is wrong and I'm running out of options. (sigh) And apparently it never installed correctly from day 1 so maybe you're right. I never had an install problem B4 this. That will be my next step.

Patrick, thanks, but I'm with Jeff on this TeamSpeak idea.

Jsapair,
The XML file contains the exact same text as the one in my FSX (DX9) installation.
Later,

Spud