Author Topic: Disappearing AI traffic PAKT  (Read 9067 times)

martin

Disappearing AI traffic PAKT
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »
First thank you for the great addons for PAKT SP1, had everything install and it worked great, including the AI float traffic. Left went to FTX Central and switched to Default, flew around for awhile and returned to North America via FTX Central and loss the AI traffic. I have my Ketchikan Harbor folder in my FSX addonscenery and my ADEX_KG_BGL files in the subfolder scenery in Ketchikan Harbor. Now I can't figure out how to get the AI traffic and the choice of docks back. Now only have Active Runway and NW (water) to choose from. I suspect the order of my scenery got changed but I can't seem to get it back. My FSX Addonscenery is top priority and KH is at the top within the folder?

Thanks in advance!
Martin

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Disappearing AI traffic PAKT
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
Martin,
what happened was that when you switch from North America to Default and then back to North America, (also happens when switching to Oceana), FTX Central moves all your FTX scenery to the top of the FSX Scenery Library.
This can be prevented by making an insertion point using the utility in FTX Central.  All the FTX scenery should be below the RTMM scenery in your FSX Library or it is messed up.  Just make the insertion point and then switch the FTX Central to Default and back to North America and everything should be OK.
 8)
Later,

Spud

martin

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:16 PM »
Thanks Spud, I'll check it out!

Cheers
Martin

martin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
This is odd, I have my AI traffic in my Ketchikan Harbor folder which is in my FSX Addon Scenery and I have it at the very top at priority 1 and still no AI traffic. So not sure where I would do the insertion point. When I first installed the AI traffic it work fine, and everything else like the cruise ships etc seem to be working fine. I'm a bit confused on this one...

Thanks-Martin

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
I have my AI traffic in my Ketchikan Harbor folder

AI traffic files should be installed into your "FSX/scenery/world/scenery" folder.  In your flightsim scenery library, your scenery folders should be above FTX, and below your object library folders. The object libraries should be at the top.  ;)

So not sure where I would do the insertion point.
The FTX insertion point should be a file that is not an Orbx FTX scenery file.  I have my scenery library alphabetically arranged, so I choose the topmost non-orbx scenery as my insertion point.  Then, FTX always loads just above that file.  Then, you move all non-orbx entries below that folder, and all Orbx related scenery, including Misty Moorings above FTX.  When you install an object library, it goes at the top of the list.

Be sure AI traffic is turned on in your slider settings.  I wouldn't go more than 16%.  Also, ships and ferries should be on, about 7% or so.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:12:10 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

martin

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »
Thanks Jeff, that makes sense. Kinda new to this scenery thing!
Should the AI traffic files be in their own separate folder in "FSX/scenery/world/scenery and then installed using the install library or can I just drop them in the "FSX/scenery/world/scenery?
The "readme" file wasn't real clear on this?

Thanks again for the help!
Martin

Dexthom

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »

From the Readme:

"Move the traffic file, Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes.bgl to your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder
and overwrite when asked."

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
or can I just drop them in the "FSX/scenery/world/scenery

From the Readme:

"Move the traffic file, Traffic_MM_FSX_floatplanes.bgl to your FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery folder
and overwrite when asked."

Yep, just as Dex says move the bgl file named above to the "scenery" folder specified.  It is pretty straightforward.  If you look at the files in that directory you'll see many "traffic" files.  They say "traffic" in the name somehow, usually.   ;) 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:58:13 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

martin

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
Thanks guys, but yes that file has been there along, remember everything was working great when I first installed. My question is where do the ADEX bgl files go! Those are the ones I think that got rearranged when going to default back to NA.

Thanks - Martin

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
My question is where do the ADEX bgl files go

That was NOT your question.   ???

Should the AI traffic files be in their own separate folder in "FSX/scenery/world/scenery and then installed using the install library or can I just drop them in the "FSX/scenery/world/scenery?

This was your question. ;)

That being said, I believe ADEX files reside in the scenery folder of their respective package.  So yes, you could put it into the Ketchikan Harbor/scenery folder.  (although, I don't have one of those in my folder) I don't think you would've messed up those by switching in FTX Central.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:21:47 PM by jeff3163 »

martin

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
Thanks Jeff for all your help  ;) I think I've got my head around it now  :P

Cheers - Martin

Dexthom

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »
The ADEX files contain the airports for the float planes.  Orbx has the same airport files so these
have to be above the Orbx files in priority.  The Orbx airport files for the sea plane bases do not
have parking places and AI will not use those files.  Here is the last two entries of my scenery.cfg

[Area.188]
Title=Dexter's Addon Scenery
Local=D:\FSX\Addon Scenery\Dexter's Scenery
Layer=188
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.189]
Title=Tongass Narrows AI Float Planes
Local=D:\FSX\Addon Scenery\Tongass Narrows Floats
Layer=189
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Area 189 is where my ADEX files for the four SPBs are!

I hope that is clear as Mud  :-[
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:26:22 AM by Dexthom »

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
Got trouble.  Right here in River City:

Suddenly, for no apparent reason, the mob of AI float planes that were moored at Misty's SPB have flown the coop.  Vanished.  Disappeared entirely.

I just know it's something sinful that I've gone and done, but nothing I try seems to rectify matters.  So before I go pawing around and messing things up beyond belief, can one of you talented folks maybe recognize a likely culprit and steer me in the right direction?

Lonely in Nose Kosher,
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan