Author Topic: Ketchikan Harbor is now available!  (Read 17185 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Ketchikan Harbor is now available!
« on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
Ketchikan Harbor is a scenery enhancement that provides a significant amount of extra detail in the Ketchikan Harbor area as well as Eagle Air, a fictitious floatplane tour and charter service, that specializes in flying to RTMM scenery locations. 

The Ketchikan Harbor scenery adds a small commercial dock/float plane area (boardwalk/pilings etc.) just southeast of the 5KE water runways and just off the bow of the cargo/freighter ship docked to the northwest of all of the cruise ships.  This is where Eagle Air can be found.  In addition, scenery objects have been added around the freighter cargo dock and additional buildings and trees have been added surrounding the general harbor area and, also in downtown Ketchikan.  The intent of the building additions in downtown Ketchikan was to diminish the glass and steel look and add more color both in the daytime and at night which is how Ketchikan downtown actually looks.

For those of you who can fly with good frame rates in PAKT with SP1, this scenery addon should work well.  In order to minimize the hit to frame rates, I limited the number of addon larger buildings along the edge of the coast to just the immediate area around Eagle Air.  Dieter Linde, one of the beta testers, has reported no significant loss of frame rates on his rig. But of course, each individual rig will vary on a case by case basis.  There are two .bgls provided and one of them can be dropped to help improve frame rates, if necessary, while still providing the immediate Eagle Air surroundings.  You would however, lose the freight dock enhancements, the downtown Ketchikan enhancements and scattered scenery objects. 

Eagle Air is a great place for your floatplane to depart from on its daily schedule of tours/charters and then return in the late afternoon.  Download the Ketchikan Harbor today and try it. 

IMPORTANT:  Ketchikan Harbor scenery enhancement requires that the FSX Mesh Resolution be set to exactly 5m....the ORBX standard.  Any more or less will blow up the  scenery boardwalk which is sitting on the bumpy shoreline and very sensitive to mesh resolution.

This scenery enhancement  requires FSX Acceleration and the ORBX PAKT with SP1 scenery product as well as two publicly available object libraries listed in the readme.  This scenery addon does not change or move any ORBX files and no ORBX objects were used in its creation.

See screenshots below:

Ketchikan Harbor

Eagle Air & Boardwalk Area:

Tongass Ave. behind Eagle Air

Eagle Air & Boardwalk Area at dusk:

Ketchikan Downtown

Ketchikan Downtown at night:

As you can see, the added detail is fully lighted and looks beautiful at night together with ORBX's PAKT SP1 product.  A nighttime flight up the PAKT Harbor coast is a must with this enhancement.

I would like to thank Dieter Linde, Robert Abernathy and Brad Allen for their feedback, suggestions and beta testing during the development of the Ketchikan Harbor scenery enhancement.

Ketchikan Harbor is now available in the Scenery section of the RTMM libraries.

Enjoy!

Rod "Stiletto2" Jackson
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:35:13 AM by stiletto2 »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Ketchikan Harbor is now available!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:59:25 AM »
Thanks Rod for the scenery, and the heads up.  I downloaded and installed it in-flight.  I'm on an early morning flight from Petersberg to Ketchikan, so I am heading there to check it out now.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
Many thanks Rod,

I love this pretty little place !

:)

Xavier

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:48:34 PM »
It sure looks great.

Where can I download it at?.If it's here on the RTMM site.Where do I find it etc?.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »
It sure looks great.

Where can I download it at?.If it's here on the RTMM site.Where do I find it etc?.

GrayRider

At the top of the page, click 'Scenery".  Click on "K".  Click on "zip" file link. ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Many Thanks Rod!
Just Downloading now!.............. :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

GrayRider

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
Thanks Jeff.

I got it.

In the readme it mentioned the ukvfr object library is required.I did download it.In the library there are six folders:AgenT/Documentation/Saved defaults/scenery and a texture folder.
I'm unable to add the whole library with all the sub folders that are in it.I'm guessing,some of the folders should be removed,but which one's?.

I was going to delete all folders except the scenery and texture folders,and than activate the Library.

I wanted to check first before I continue.

GrayRider
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

alpha117

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
Rod

first class job, many thanks :)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
Thanks Jeff.

I got it.

In the readme it mentioned the ukvfr object library is required.I did download it.In the library there are six folders:AgenT/Documentation/Saved defaults/scenery and a texture folder.
I'm unable to add the whole library with all the sub folders that are in it.I'm guessing,some of the folders should be removed,but which one's?.

I was going to delete all folders except the scenery and texture folders,and than activate the Library.

I wanted to check first before I continue.

GrayRider

Hi GrayRider,

Yes, all you need is the scenery and texture folders.  I simply left them inside a folder called UKVFR and then put the UKVFR folder in the FSX\Addon Scenery\ folder and then linked thr UKVFR folder into the FSX Scenery Library.  The UKVFR folder does not need to be above the ORBX Scenery LIbrary entries.

Alternately, you could just link in the UKVFR folder with all those other folders in it....they won't hurt anything as long as the scenery and texture folders are there.

Rod
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:20:03 PM by stiletto2 »

GrayRider

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
Thanks Rod.

It's now installed.Great job

GrayRider

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »
Jeff, Fishbone, GrayRider, Corbu1, alpha117,

Thanks all for your kind comments.

Rod

GrayRider

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
Thanks Rod

Everything is installed.I fired up the sim,and everything is there.I even started up REX.I had no un unusual frame rate hits,on my machine that I'm not already used to anyway.I keep my FPS locked at 30.My sliders are set as usual based on the ORBX addon etc.
It does add a little more life/spice to PAKT for sure.I'm going to get knee deep into these RTMM products.Me being a first time user etc. 

Many thanks again Rod for your fine product.

GrayRider

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
Hi GrayRider,

Thanks for the kind words.  I am glad Ketchikan Harbor is working well for you.  I am also glad to hear that the frame rate impact is minimal for you.  I had the same experience.

Rod

Dexthom

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 04:19:35 PM »
Rod, An AI Float package will be released soon and there are departures from Eagle Air.  Thanks for
the great scenery.

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Hey Dex,

That is going to be great!  Let me know if you need any help testing.

Rod
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:41:14 PM by stiletto2 »