Author Topic: Coming Soon......Ketchikan Harbor  (Read 5645 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Coming Soon......Ketchikan Harbor
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »
Hi all,

For those of you who were hoping for some extra detail and a a little denser set of buildings and trees up the harbor coast from downtown Ketchikan than ORBX's superb PAKT (SP1) provides, Ketchikan Harbor can help fill that need.

If you were looking for some place to go after landing your floatplane at 5KE, Eagle Air tour and charter service might be the place to dock.   

Ketchikan Harbor adds over 300 objects to the Ketchikan Harbor area...just enough to improve the look but not so much that frame rates are crushed. 

Ketchikan Harbor should be submitted to RTMM for finalization very, very soon.

Stay tuned....

Rod 

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Coming Soon......Ketchikan Harbor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
Rod,
I have seen your screen shots on the ORBX forums and it looks superb to say the least.  You say you have added some autogen to the area, was this due to the lack thereof due to the PFJ birds addon problem?  Have you deactivated or somehow overcome that anomaly now?
With my poor old system I can't run the ORBX/PAKT w/SP1 scenery as I'm almost at a slide show at PAKT now but for those that can from what I have seen of this addon it will be excellent.  How does this fit in with the ferry AI traffic being worked on by others?
Oh yeah, welcome aboard mate I think you'll find a nice comfortable home away from home in the bush here.

8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:24:08 AM »
Rod,
Just another question, have you looked on the Home page of the site and read the Help Wanted section?  Click on the RULES TO FOLLOW link for submissions information as we have certain protocols that have to be met for the scenery to be accepted for download and it is best to understand what a package need to have before finalizing the scenery you want to share.

8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »
Rod,
I have seen your screen shots on the ORBX forums and it looks superb to say the least.  You say you have added some autogen to the area, was this due to the lack thereof due to the PFJ birds addon problem?  Have you deactivated or somehow overcome that anomaly now?
With my poor old system I can't run the ORBX/PAKT w/SP1 scenery as I'm almost at a slide show at PAKT now but for those that can from what I have seen of this addon it will be excellent.  How does this fit in with the ferry AI traffic being worked on by others?
Oh yeah, welcome aboard mate I think you'll find a nice comfortable home away from home in the bush here.

8)

I disabled the Birds in PFJ and then just added some additional autogen to help it look better.

Don't know of any interference with the AI ferry traffic .....one of my testers is involved with the AI Ferry Traffic and he said there was no conflict that he knew of.

Stiletto2

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
Rod,
Just another question, have you looked on the Home page of the site and read the Help Wanted section?  Click on the RULES TO FOLLOW link for submissions information as we have certain protocols that have to be met for the scenery to be accepted for download and it is best to understand what a package need to have before finalizing the scenery you want to share.

8)
Hi Spud,

Yes, Brad Allen has been guiding me.  Thanks for making sure.

Rod

Dexthom

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:49 PM »
Rod,  I am eagerly awaiting your scenery.  I think that it will put the finishing touches on
that area.   ;D

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
Hi Rod!
Wow, your package is really awesome! I also saw some pictures of it on the ORBX-Forums.

....what`s left to say........I want it,  want it, I want it ............... ;D ;)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Soon, Soon, Soon!

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »

,,,,With my poor old system I can't run the ORBX/PAKT w/SP1 scenery as I'm almost at a slide show at PAKT now but for those that can from what I have seen of this addon it will be excellent. 

Oops, meant to comment that Ketchikan Harbor was designed to minimize frame rate loss.  For those that are able to run PAKT with SP1, Eagle Air is the only area where I added significant structures to the harbor edge.  I did not stretch structures up and down the whole harbor coast edge to keep the frame rate hit down.  I did spread out structures in the town to make the whole coastal area from south of PAKT to downtown Ketchikan look a bit more uniform in the level of buildings/trees etc.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
The Ketchikan Harbor scenery is on final and has been approved by the RTMM staff for landing.  Just waiting for the scenery to be uploaded to the library.......

Rod

alpha117

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
Hopefullt this weekend  ;)

Dexthom

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »
When the Tongass Narrows Floats are released, there will be arrival and departures from Eagle Air  ;)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
When the Tongass Narrows Floats are released, there will be arrival and departures from Eagle Air  ;)

Nice.........!

Rod

Dexthom

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 08:03:21 PM »
Rod, You can witness a departure from the Eagle Air dock at 2115Z.  Hang around the dock about four
minutes before departure and watch the action.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
Rod, You can witness a departure from the Eagle Air dock at 2115Z.  Hang around the dock about four
minutes before departure and watch the action.

Hey Dex,

I tuned in at 21:15 GMT and their was a departure shortly thereafter with radio calls and everything .....it was great.... only thing...it departed from the dock NW of Eagle Air where the sim puts you if you choose departure at 5KE.

Don't know why but it was still pretty.

Rod