Author Topic: New problem for PFJ scenery  (Read 4197 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
New problem for PFJ scenery
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
Noticed on one of the Aussie sites that a new problem has popped up caused by an add on feature to PFJ.  Quite some time ago Dave Roch offered a file that added birds all over PFJ scenery.  I even downloaded it in Dec 2010 myself but have never installed the files.  Well it has been discovered that when the files were made one of the features in Instant Scenery is that it will kill autogen around whatever objects you place in the scenery unless you check the box to stop that happening.  Dave did not do this so every place he put birds in PFJ, and I guess there are lots and lots of them, will be missing the autogen.  This showed up big time at PAKT with most of the buildings in the town being wiped out with the birds scenery enabled.
The file name from AVSIM is:
 birds_in_PFJ.zip
If you have this installed you should probably deactivate it or if you have IS you could select every bird scenery Dave put in and check the box to not kill autogen and resave the .bgl.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Re: New problem for PFJ scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »

Interesting, eh?   I never did put those files in because I thought there would be too big of a frame rate hit.   I do however, have problem with flying fish!     ;)

Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
I also downloaded this file along time ago, but never installed it..... :D

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Hi All,

While I was working on a new Ketchikan Harbor scenery addon for ORBX PAKT (SP1), I discovered this problem and posted it on the ORBX boards.  I don't think David has seen it yet.  When he developed his Birds in PFJ addon he actually designed some special autogen supression to help frame rates but made sure it didn't suppress any of the ORBX PFJ scenery. 

Unfortunately, he did not anticpate what would happend when ORBX finally got around to adding Airport scenery like PAKT.  I am sure he will develop a fix when he has time. Because of that special design, the suppression of the PAKT autogen takes place even if the PAKT.bgl in David's addon is disabled. So, until David gets to it, any ORBX PAKT users will have to disable the whole Birds in PFJ scenery.

Rod 

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 08:59:22 AM »
Rod,
this answers my question about the PFJ birds in the other thread.  Jumped in before looking on the question, sorry 'bout that.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 06:30:17 AM »
Are there any news about an update of David Roch's "Birds in PFJ"?

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 08:31:28 AM »
Not that I have read Dieter.  I suggest you disable his birds as there are many in our sceneries and do not have the effect of Davids' older version of birds plus FPS hits will be affected for slower systems with 10,000 birds flying around.
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »
Well, I disabled PFJ birds already when the problems came up.
Just wanted to know if there is any progress.
(I assume there will never be any and that is not a problem)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »
You know, I even sent a note to David when I discovered the problem but no repsonse on any front.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »
Personally, I think it was not a good project since it causes autogen to be removed. Looks like the developer didn't either know about the checkbox in Instant Scenery or didn't care about using it. Now no update and it's probably left for dead since no response on the other end.

Also, just adding birds everywhere? They are FPS killers in heavy use I think so, just as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Brd