Author Topic: Trying to install RTMM AI traffic  (Read 5645 times)

Brian_

Trying to install RTMM AI traffic
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
Hello Gentlemen,

I'm trying to add to Tongass/Pacific Fjords with the TRMM enhancements available from MM. I started with AI traffic like the Matanuska but I can't get it to show up (also tried the Misty Maritime II with the same results).  I placed the traffic bgl into my Scenery/World/scenery folder and put boat traffic at 100%. I also put the relevant boat folder in the sim objects/boats folder.

The install file is somewhat vague saying the ferry travels between Ketchikan and "near Hollis". Is there a sure fire way to determine if its installed correctly? Also, what percentage do I need boat traffic for this to show up at?

Many thanks

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Trying to install RTMM AI traffic
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
I'm sure others will chime in here to help but first thing you have to make sure of for the boat traffic, and probably the float
plane traffic too, you can't have any FS2004 AI flight plans in your FSX installation or the AI traffic in FSX will not show up.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
Brian,
Brad has most likely hit on the problem your having.  Any FS9 AI traffic that you have in your FSX installation will prevent AI from working properly.
There is a solution with a program that will find and convert the FS9 AI allowing the AI to work in FSX.  The only problem is that for some reason I have forgotten the name of the program .
I have it in an archive I'm sure but can't find it if I can't remember the name.  Come on guys I know somebody know the name how about posting it in theis thread?
Later,

Spud

Brian_

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
Thanks gentleman.

My FSX is a relatively new installation....is there any reason to believe it would have FS9 flightplans in it? Speaking for myself, I would never have consciously imported them from the older version of the sim.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:12:22 PM »
Brian,
yes there is a reason.  Some addon scenery contains FS9 AI files and will muck up things without you even being aware.  I'm sure the file name will be posted soon and it will find any offending files and correct any problem they might be causing.
 8)
Later,

Spud

archangel1

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
This, from Jeff, back in August?

I use a freeware program called "AI Flight Planner-version 2.1.20".  It will search any directory you specify and find fs9 traffic files.  It can convert them to FSX, mark them as FS9, and/or delete them.  It is a must-have tool for anyone dealing with ai traffic.  There's a link to it on this page.  On the left side of the webpage is a "Download" link.  Click on that to download the file. 
http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »

I use a freeware program called "AI Flight Planner-version 2.1.20".  It will search any directory you specify and find fs9 traffic files.  It can convert them to FSX, mark them as FS9, and/or delete them.  It is a must-have tool for anyone dealing with ai traffic.  There's a link to it on this page.  On the left side of the webpage is a "Download" link.  Click on that to download the file. 

There ya go!  I knew somebody would have it.  Funny thing is I finally found it and came back here to post the same link!
Main thing is we help each other with things and archangel came through like a champ, Thank You mate.
Brian the program will check for FS9 files and also convert them for you.  I just have it check my entire Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.  Takes a bit of time for my install (64 GB of files).
 8)
Later,

Spud

Brian_

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »
Very interesting--thanks guys.  :D

Btw, do you guys think any of the Orbx stuff uses FS9 flightplans?

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
Hi Brian,
  I really doubt FTX/ORBX would use any FS9 traffic files in their releases for FSX.  Now, there may be some add on stuff out there that does, but not likely.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Brian_

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »

Many, many thanks for your help with this--that did the trick.  ;D

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
 8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P