Author Topic: Carenado Planes on Sale  (Read 2934 times)

rochewf

Carenado Planes on Sale
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:14:10 PM »
Just saw this tonight in case anyone is in need of a new plane for Christmas.
Almost 50 amazingly realistic aircraft add-ons from Carenado from 30-60% off! Day 8. http://www.fspilotshop.com/12daysale.php
One of them is the Cessna 185 Skywagon Bush X

Bill

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
Re: Carenado Planes on Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:28:26 PM »
yup christmas sale is great with most of hie stuff now around 20 25 bucks ..its time to pic up that caravan i,ve been procrastinating about for years now..lol and on the last page there is a 172 on skis perfect for your own personal transportation to and from the CIREP bases .. oh yea and it only 7 bucks ..gotta have it ...WeDGe

archangel1

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
Question.  I understand the obvious appeal of the C185F Bush variant (I grabbed it yesterday) but what about the vanilla wheeled version? Is it worth having in one's hangar? It costs about 50% more than the Bush plane yet seems to have less going for it - variable wheel pants (whoopee!) and prop versus floats/amphib/skis/tundra.  What am I missing?
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
Question.  I understand the obvious appeal of the C185F Bush variant (I grabbed it yesterday) but what about the vanilla wheeled version? Is it worth having in one's hangar? It costs about 50% more than the Bush plane yet seems to have less going for it - variable wheel pants (whoopee!) and prop versus floats/amphib/skis/tundra.  What am I missing?

Not much unless you just gotta have pants!  Bush planes don't use em due to clogging up with mud and crud from off airport landings.  As you say cost more and has less in the package.
 8)
Later,

Spud