Author Topic: Mesh/Flatten Problem?  (Read 17087 times)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Mesh/Flatten Problem?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »
It's not an elevation issue, it is a consequence of how runways have to be if fsx if you want to use a gravel, dirt or tarmac (in fact any kind of textured surface) runway, for it to look the part it has to have a flatten file, the flatten does just that, flattens everything to that set altitude, so in a place like this I had to find a spot that had the least variation, the flattest place I could find which also had a reasonable approach and space for some scenery, inevitably there is a small "Quarry" at one end and a "Cliff" at the other with the attendant partners in between, it's the best compromise you can get for this type of airstrip.
How your version of Lavender Lake now looks is the same for everyone.

However, as you will later find, not every strip I found and created is like this, there are some very "natural" strips that will be pretty realistic and challenging, not least of which is Lucky Lindy's place.

I should add though that the location of Lucky Lindy's was Brad's find, I just made a sort of strip!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:02:56 PM by Avian »

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »
Yes of course...

That's why the glacier strip slopes - no runway as such.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

AaronMyers

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »
Makes sense to me Kim, and I have no issues with that. It's a beautiful place to visit and everything is as expected at this point. I'm already looking forward to getting another shot at this one as my first attempt was not a pretty one.   ;D

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 12:06:04 PM »
Aaron, If you are going to have another crack at it I really cannot recommend enough that you set the time to summer and then fly up from CAC3 Alice arm, there is a flight plan included in the download, it takes you up a steep sided river valley that is a ferocious series of rapids IRL, the top out over the lake is stupendous.

Take some pics!