Author Topic: Dressing up for CIRP  (Read 10805 times)

Reggy

Dressing up for CIRP
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
Hi guys, I put together a couple of repaints in preparation for the upcoming CIRP unveiling. They are for the Grumman Goose and Dodosim 206, a slideshow can be seen here.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:52:32 AM by Reggy »
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

gdawg

Re: Dressing up for CIRP
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »
Hey Reggie!
Looks like we have been working on the same stuff!

Gary's Slideshow of Grumman goose

too funny!
Gary

Reggy

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »

Hahaha, great minds think alike Gary, at least thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reggy   :o
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
WOW!! You guys are blowing me away. Those are some killer repaints. Thank you so much for making these.

That bear outline is cool!!

Brad

archangel1

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
At the risk of starting a fight, let me say that I prefer Reggy's Goose scheme to Gary's (it's brighter) but, at the same time, I think Gary's 206 colours work better than Reggy's! The 206 has such a relatively small fuselage area that I think it needs the red to dominate for snow work.  There's a little too much white on Reggy's version for safety's sake, in my opinion.  I do like the polar bear silhouette, though.

Hey, if they're offered, I'll take them all in any case.
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Bushpounder

• Bushpounder's Bush Flying
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
Those look great. I have been hopping around all the camps and I KNOW you guys have a BIG hit with this scenery package.  As I told Doug, you all have motivated me back into scenery designing! I can't wait to see the screenshots that people will be posting in all the forums when this is released. Nice looking 206, Reggy!

BP;)

Reggy

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 03:53:51 AM »

Hi guys,

It's an honour to do it Brad, it's nothing compared to the work that all of the team has put into the scenery build both for the RTMM and CIRP scenery.
  Archangel with talk like that it may have to be "Pistols at Dawn" mate, Haha! Just goes to prove as Bushpounder eluded to, that RTMM inspires aswell as givng such pleasure. I take your point on the amount of colour on the 206, also it would be my pleasure to know that any of my paints are in hangers other than my own.

I have the thermal underware ready, can't wait, Reggy    :D

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
Reggy, Gary,  I like them all very much! Great workk! Thank you!

Regarding the 206 a bit of Gary`s colourscheme for the DoDo and this would be an often flown whirlybird for me in this region!
Also I like the Polar bear.
I was thinking how it looks like with a white painted polar bear?....... ;)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Reggy

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
 Hi guys,
 Sorry I didn't have time to tidy up the letters, dodo can be a bit of a pain as the model distorts images on some areas. More red for better visibility on the snow, please let me know what you think of this revision for CIRP.

Reggy    :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:55:02 AM by Reggy »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »
Reggy,
Great! I like it very much!! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

archangel1

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »
Nice! Don't think you'd lose that one easily.

Just to clarify slightly.  I have no problem with your original red/white heli scheme except in regards to its projected use in the icefields.  As a general scheme I think it's great and would be proud to fly it anywhere else (if I ever learn to fly a chopper, that is).  My whirlybird of choice, though, is the Bo105.  Keep hoping someone'll do a Canadian Coast Guard scheme for the Nemeth one.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
I like each one of these that both of you have done. Let's keep that logo with the bear around too. Good stuff

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
The mostly red would be much more visible in case of a forced landing.  Although helo's can autorotate to a completely safe forced landing it only takes a small patch of soft or uneven ground to result in the A/C being on its side.  With the mostly all white side that would be harder to spot for sure.  The 'mostly' red is better risk management IMHO.
 8)
Later,

Spud

gdawg

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:41:21 AM »
Hi guys
sorry about the hour but I just got home a while ago (juggling to many things as usual) how's about this?

Gary

archangel1

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 01:12:38 AM »
Impressive.  The Ursus maritimus looks great.  Thanks for the flag, too.