Author Topic: a little help please  (Read 3466 times)

zl2bmh

• Taranaki, New Zealand,
a little help please
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
Hello All.

I'm just a little confused and was hoping someone could get me up to date.  MM, the D/L version shown as of now, is there a new update coming out or is this it.  I want to D/L and install it but if there's a new update coming out of course I'll wait for that.  Now, there is CIRP about to be launched.  Is that an extension of MM?

I just need to get up to date as to what is going on.  MM contains mainly Alaska, am I right there? CIRP is also the same, right?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jim.
Comp: Quad Core i5 , GTX 1070, 16GB Ram,1000w P/S, OS W10 HP, 2 x 24" HD Widescreen Monitor

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: a little help please
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »
Hi Jim,
     I would suggest you spend some time reading the forums, and check out the site.  If you still have questions after that, any of us here would be glad to help.  Misty Moorings is not just "a" download.  It is in many parts, and in no particular order.  The area is around Ketchikan Alaska, and to the South and East of there.  Just download a destination, install it and fly to it.  Then you can come back and get another, or a dispatch.  There's no hurry, and no particular order.  Welcome to Misty's.  Spend some time reading the posts, and checking out the movies, and pictures.  Go to the map room and see "where" everything is.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:13:44 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
CIRP will be part of Return to Misty Moorings.  CIRP will be available to the general public on Oct 31st, 2011. You will then have access to the CIRP page (which will be showing in the top of the page menu).  Clicking on CIRP will take you to a page that has all the ice stations, extras, special repainted ground and air vehicles modified for ice operations, etc.  If you already have RTMM locations installed, when you put in the CIRP locations, everything is seamless. 

We are always updating RTMM, just this past week we put up a new location there. So RTMM continues to grow in the PFJ and Tongass areas.  We had the beautiful icefields around Stewart BC that we just generally flew over going somewhere else. We decided we would bring the glaciers alive with 10 ice stations, 20 some (still counting) helipads, 15 outlying camps, etc.  And when you are tired of ice and snow and want to return to the beautiful Misty Fjords, you take off from an ice station and head for PAKT (Ketchikan) and you are back "home".

There is no "upgrade" coming for RTMM, CIRP is simply an expansion that adds to the over 100 locations we already have at RTMM.

I hope this answers your questions.  For more about the coming CIRP, read this:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/documents/readme_introduction.pdf

Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »
Welcome Jim,

We hope you like to take your time and enjoy FSX. We've put a lot of time and effort into each destination you'll be able to visit at Return to Misty Moorings. So please stop by the forums anytime and be sure to let us know if you need any help with anything we've done.

We're here for you.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:30:57 PM »
Hello All.

I'm just a little confused and was hoping someone could get me up to date.  MM, the D/L version shown as of now, is there a new update coming out or is this it.  I want to D/L and install it but if there's a new update coming out of course I'll wait for that.  Now, there is CIRP about to be launched.  Is that an extension of MM?

I just need to get up to date as to what is going on.  MM contains mainly Alaska, am I right there? CIRP is also the same, right?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jim.

Jim,
I quote your post to ask a couple of questions.  You refer to MM, I tend to believe you are speaking of the ORIGINAL MISTY MOORINGS, is this correct?  This was an FS9 (FS2004) scenery and although RETURN TO MISTY MOORING is based on that scenery it is not the same, nor is it in the same locations.  RTMM is for FSX and is located in the area covered by the ORBX Payware scenery "Pacific Fjords" which is British Columbia.  You are required to have this payware for the scenery to show correctly.  There is quite a few freeware scenery libraries that you will need to download as well.  In this day of instant gratifications (IE: McDonald Syndrom) we are a bit old fashion in that it will take some effort and time to get r' done but in the end the effort will be its own reward.
As suggested by others there is much to read about RTMM here on the site and it will answer most of your questions with some reading.  The scenery is super and a real asset to flight sim bush flying.  Looking forward to having you enjoy the team efforts.
CIRP is another world geared to glacier flying and ground explorations and is its own world although in the RTMM area and enhances RTMM but CIRP not required if you choose to not install that scenery at the present time.
 8)
Later,

Spud

zl2bmh

• Taranaki, New Zealand,
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »
Yes, spot on Spud.  This is where I have been going wrong and finding it hard to understand therefore getting quite confused.  Gee, doesn't time pass so quickly.  Okay, I'll get reading and get up to date with RTMM and once that is done we will look to start downloading, I have all of Orbx NA area's so I'm right there.

I really enjoy flying in the north of NA, in particular, I really have a soft spot for Alaska

Thanks for sorting that out for me Spud.

And can I also take this opportunity in thanking the other three members for their input, it's much appreciated.

Regards to all,
Jim.

Comp: Quad Core i5 , GTX 1070, 16GB Ram,1000w P/S, OS W10 HP, 2 x 24" HD Widescreen Monitor

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
Jim,
glad I guessed correctly.  I never got into the original Misty Moorings although I drooled over it for awhile.  I was very fortunate to find RTMM at its inception so I have been able to keep abreast (no pun intended) of things from the beginning.
Although it is optional, there are a few scenery objects included from FSAddon's Tongas Fjords X payware that might prompt you to want that.  IF you decide to get it Francois Dumas the owner has provide for members of RTMM to receive a discount for the purchase of the scenery package.  I do not remember the details but unless the offer has been revoked you should be able to get the package with a discount.
There is also a Old Farts dicount  ;D  for 65+ but the Tongas Fjords X is not part of that program so do not confuse the two.
 8)
Later,

Spud