Author Topic: Calling all Repainters  (Read 3608 times)

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Calling all Repainters
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:36:42 PM »
OK, so repainting may have changed a bit since I took a crack at it in the last version of FS.

All the guides that I've found are regarding aircraft that have dds textures, which I'm having no issues with.   My question is... what if the aircraft only has bmp files for textures?    I've tried a number of different conversions using DXTBmp, but nothing's working.

Any ideas for working with (what I'm assuming are) older aircraft models?

Thanks.

Dan

Re: Calling all Repainters
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Of course, after I finally break down and post a "call for help" I figure it out..   :P

I wasn't exporting the alpha channel first, and then re-importing it before I saved the extended BMP.

Problem solved..  move along, nothing to see here!    ;D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »
Of course, after I finally break down and post a "call for help" I figure it out..   :P

I wasn't exporting the alpha channel first, and then re-importing it before I saved the extended BMP.

Problem solved..  move along, nothing to see here!    ;D

AWWW!  I wanna watch, can I huh? can I?  But I wouldn't do it exactly like that, let me try this, excuse me can I get in here?
 :P :o
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:12:43 PM »
Hehe.. I may have spoken too soon.  My initial simple edit worked, but the next save screwed everything up...  Time to start over.. What a pain. :)

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 01:20:59 PM »
Dan,

What aircraft are you tryin to paint? Some developers make you think it is BMP when in fact it is a DDS File.