Author Topic: an Idea for a scenery project...  (Read 5388 times)

briansommers

an Idea for a scenery project...
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »
I don't know how complicated this would be, probably a bit tedious for sure, but I think this would sure be fun..

announce an area to the forum where you would be building say 12 cabins, etc.

Now, send out a mission in FSX where we the pilots would have to fly supplies into this location.  Have the end of mission give a code, that we would have to post on the forums, that would give you proof that we flown the supply mission, then update the scenery again, to show a little more progress, say for example, the land would be cleared, trees gone, etc...

then another mission, where we would have to haul more supplies out and then the next update, would include a little more progress, say for example, partially built cabins,

then this would repeat for say 8 weeks or longer, or however you want to drag it out and as more "supplies" gets hauled out to the site, you would update that scenery to allow us to see the progress each week....

probably a lot more then you want to get into, but I think this could be tons of fun..

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: an Idea for a scenery project...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
Brian,

I like that idea a lot actually. Might be able to come up with something for this. It would be nicer to do it with custom objects that I can place that show various stages of progress to them. I can't make an object at all though.

Keep those ideas coming

Brad

briansommers

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »
thanks, I didn't know how that would grab you, but I've been wanting something like that myself for years...

If you really want to get crazy... you could clear the trees, and have the trees in bundles and then we would have to fly that new payware crane helicopter in to haul out the stuff!! now that would separate the boys from the girls..

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
Hmmmm.... gears are churnin in my 'noggin.  ;D
So you're saying start with a pristine patch of PFJ goodness that doesn't have any trees at it. "Have the trees in bundles" A little more on that please.... Unless you mean that it's a cluster of felled timber.?!! Eureka!! I see it now.  ;)

It's a place where a developer has decided to build something at. So they go in there and clear out a few trees. Not a lot mind you. Just enough to need a "Sky Crane" operator that needs to be hired to remove the bundled up logs. Okay I can make that phase happen definitely. I think. ???

Company assets begin construction of the site. and I have a couple of ideas for objects on that. There's one in the EZ_1.zip file that uses partially constructed buildings. It's a larger home object though, not a small cabin structure. So for this storyline, the construction project is not your typical log cabin by the waters edge. It's more in line with a tourist destination, like a wilderness lodge with several structures.

For that, you're going to need to bring in a few caterpillars and land clearing equipment to make the foundation proper. Got that covered with some of the objects in EZ_1.zip Wait a minute... Some of those are already in place!!! Hold on... I already have an ongoing construction site that's completed in the scenery library. We might already be at phase two!! ;D  Check out "Moresby Camp" in our scenery library. There's our "Phase One" starting point for this.

Phase Two: Is where this little project picks up. I could update it so that there are cleared logs that need to be picked up by "Sky Crane" op's. I don't know of any "Sky Crane" objects I could use to give people the idea of what's happening with that phase though. Hmmm, let's see. I could place a larger helicopter object, but it's not a "Sky Crane". Wait... another idea for that.. there is an object that could make that phase work alright. It's a "Blackhawk" helicopter with rotation efx on it. I place that in the air and have a few animated people underneath it. You know the one's with the waving arms. Place log piles underneath it like it's lifting them off the ground. That helicopter is moving the logs over to a waiting barge with logs on it. I can do that. I got all of those goodies. Excellent.  ;D

Phase Three: Lodge construction begins. We have the construction of the buildings start using those types of objects mentioned a few paragraphs back. Partially constructed buildings.

Phase Four: Completed buildings are placed and painted. More objects placed that show progress.

Phase Five: Lodge is completed, tourists arrive, tourism aviators arrive with tourists, and project is completed.

What do you think about it?  :-\

briansommers

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
there ya go!  that's what I'm talking about,

I think that would be tons of fun...

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »
Well, let's get those ideas flowing people, It's a start but I can't make decisions for myself!! :P
The more the merrier.
Brad

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 12:50:59 AM »
Lodge is finished, tourists arrive, people are fishing from the docks, float planes tying up at the new float plane dock,..... hey, how can we all participate in this?  Sounds like great fun....start of the BBQ and bring on the fresh salmon!   ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 06:28:24 AM »
Sounds like a plan. Once time permits, and some other "To Do" items are checked off my list.

Brad