Author Topic: Causing trouble already!  (Read 8015 times)

Reggy

Causing trouble already!
« on: September 09, 2011, 06:15:26 AM »
Hi guys'

Only registered with your site today (came across it mentioned in a post in Hovercontrol forums) and would like to say wow, love the site and cannot wait to start exploring. Even though only here five minuets I'm going to cause problems already I'm afraid.

When trying to download required files from your scenery page I found the OZx Object Files Link appears to be broken as the file could not be found. Also the EZ-1 Zip File from Flightsim.com when the file is downloaded it shows up in .php format and I am at a loss as to how to convert it for installation.

Sorry for the bother but any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Reggy  ???
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:19:47 PM by Reggy »
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Causing trouble already!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
Hello Reggy,
     Register or sign in to the OZx site, then follow this link to the library download.  Doug is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so the link cannot be repaired right now, but this should get you there.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/

About the EZ_1.ZIP file download.  Log into Flightsim.com, then do a search for the EZ_1.ZIP file.  Be sure to search for EZ_1.zip not EZ-1.zip. 
The picture below shows the contents of the ZIP file I just downloaded.  Good luck, and welcome to Mistys.

(PS - Why is there so much white space in your post?  I hope you don't plan to do that every time.)
edit- Thanks for  fixing your post's blank space.  Sorry to be a nit-picker.  Let me know if you need any more help.

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:49:59 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Reggy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
Hi Jeff,

No probs on the white space it was not intentional, I'm only a little lad really so don't normally take up much room.... ;o}. OZx link worked perfectly, all installed and operational but still having the same problem with the ez_1.zip file. I can find it and click the download button and it saves as a .php file and don't seem to have any way of opening it. May just be my download manager dosen't support it or something equally as simple.

Thanks for the help so far, I'm sure we'll get there in the end,

Cheers
 Reggy
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »
Are you seeing this screen after clicking on the download link?  Click "accept" to download the zip file.  You are logged into Flightsim.com, browser cookies on.  I notice that the "download link" does point to a php file.  That is the copyright notice page.  The zipfile link is on the "accept" button on the copyright notice page.  I don't know what else to tell you.  It works good for me.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Reggy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »
Hey Jeff,

Free Download Manager at fault, seemingly dosen't accept cookies from download links under Win7. From what I can gather the .php file it downloaded is just the instructions to the server from the link. Downloading through the browser now, alot slower but what the hey if it works. Thanks again for the help, will let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Reggy
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:43:49 PM by Reggy »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
Reggie,
yeah found out long ago that Flightsim.com will stymie most download accelerators to 'encourage' you to buy the upgrade membership for faster downloads.  To my feeble brain it seems like throttling down 'regular' download speed (40-60KBS) uses a whole lot more bandwidth over time than having rapid download speed like rival AVSIM.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Reggy

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »

Sounds about right Spud, I suppose being that they don't charge, they feel it's a way to try and cover the running costs of the site. I think with a little bit of thought they could come up with something less incidious and that would encourage a more loyal fan base.

:D