Author Topic: FSX ReInstall problems  (Read 11777 times)

alpha117

FSX ReInstall problems
« on: September 03, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »
Hi Guys

Well I had to do it, FSX was running OK one minute, then as soon as I tried to change Aircraft got CTD.
I lOoked at everything, uninstalling the latest addons, no luck, tried older fsx.cfg, no luck, tried older scenery.cfg, no luck. Anyway I must have tried everything, but finally went for a complete uninstall; well that was a task in itself.
I have a brand new machine, only  two weeks old(win7 64bit). First mistake was installing FSX instal program files(X86)  :-[
So once machine was clean I have installed it now into C:\FSX, good move I thing ;D
FSX base installs no problem, untuil I get tp Acceleration bit and i get this error:

Product: Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration -- Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\0D3C52C066C176A3CA72D7DCBCB2198E\09B9279AB73D96A46BA64763CAF12747.  System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel.  :o :'(

No Idea what this means, but it installed first time OK.
So i tried SP1 ans SP2, installed no problems.

Anyone any ideas, please.
My next task is reinstalling ALL my misty scenery along with ORBX etc, now thats going to be a long job

many Thanks

Clive

alpha117

Re: FSX ReInstall problems
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
OK, after over 6hrs hours trying to fix this issue, finally found the fix. So here is the link just incase anyone else encounters this issue and also to save hours of frustration and hair pulling.

http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm

Follow the instructions and it worked. I'm now back up to basix FSX with Acceleration install  ;D

Now the fun part, install all the addons. Start with UTX, I think then Orbx, then Tongass, then airports, then after making sure its still runs I will add the aircraft

alpha117

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:58:16 AM »
Sorry about my typing in the above posts :0)

alpha117

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:42:10 AM »
Not sure if anyone uses this to help with installs, but this is what i'm using and I've found it very useful

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html

Also I have found this, very good

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Anyway, if you guys already know about these links   :-\

But just incase anyone finds them useful

;D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
Remember that with ORBX/FTX software there is more than just installing the areas (PNW, PFJ, NRM, CRM).  Install all the areas first of course.  Then you need the various patches for the areas PNW = OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch004.zip, PFJ = FTXPFJ_Patch001.zip.  Then add any various addon ORBX airports
you have both free and payware.  After all the areas, patches and airports are installed then run the latest ORBX Library 110831 last.  More is involved than what I have posted but that is covered in the various installation manuals which we all know that everybody reads right?
 8)
Later,

Spud

alpha117

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
thanks for that Spud  ;D, so far just finished UTX(s) installs. Now going onto FTX(s) plus patches :o

phew!!!!

thanks for the reminder

C

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »
Not sure if anyone uses this to help with installs, but this is what i'm using and I've found it very useful

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html

Also I have found this, very good

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Anyway, if you guys already know about these links   :-\

But just incase anyone finds them useful

;D

Could I suggest that before you try the above 'tweaks' start with just the default FSX clean install.  I say this from experience having done just about each and every tweak I have ever found to make "FSX run as smooth as butter".  As with every thing to do with computers what works for one does not necessarily work for all.  I use a computer that most FSX 'experts' would cringe at but other than a very small number of areas (KSEA) it runs smoothly, but reading how this or that tweak would not only make my computer run the sim like a CRAY it would probably also raise my children!  As the old saying "once bitten...." I dumped em all and use about 2 or 3 from the ORBX or OZx sites that are minor and still do not seem to help all that much.  With a new WIN7 64bit system I'm sure your system has more grunt that needed to run the sim smoothly sans tweaks.
If after trying the vanilla method and you are not satisfied then start the never ending search for the holy grail.  I looked for 2-3 years and still drink from a bottle!
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »
thanks for that Spud  ;D, so far just finished UTX(s) installs. Now going onto FTX(s) plus patches :o

phew!!!!

thanks for the reminder

C

Remember that with UTX installed there are conflicts at PAKT in PFJ until you disable 'some' UTX files.  Search the ORBX site for solutions.  Can not emphasize enough to keep an eye on their forums for fixes and suggestions that come in very handy at times.
 8)
Later,

Spud

alpha117

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 11:08:18 AM »
thank for the advise, which I am certainly taking after this reinstall, losing flight time here, doing this and the wife still doesn't understand  ???  Anyway onwards and upwards

regards

alpha117

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »
Ok, update so far
1. All UTX installed and patched
2. NRM PNW CRM and PFJ installed and patched
3. Tongass Installed
4. All extra files added EZ1, ORBX, OZx and ceyX all latest versions

All adjustments made as per ORBX forum and others. Only had a slight issue on first run at PANT, the scenery was miles out I had objects in the air, spikes in ground, but a quick trip to forum over at ORBX, sorted that out. 
So it looks like I have a go, back to flying and enjoying the scenery.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
Not trying to be a smart A## but as a comedian used to say "Isn't that special!"  Glad your back in the air alpha117.
Later,

Spud

pho201

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 04:25:43 AM »
OK, after over 6hrs hours trying to fix this issue, finally found the fix. So here is the link just incase anyone else encounters this issue and also to save hours of frustration and hair pulling.

http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm

Follow the instructions and it worked. I'm now back up to basix FSX with Acceleration install  ;D

I have exactly the same problem:

Product: Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration -- Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\0D3C52C066C176A3CA72D7DCBCB2198E\09B9279AB73D96A46BA64763CAF12747.  System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel.

I have tried everything I know to fix the problem without success.

Unfortunatelly the link above (in quote) with working fix has expired years ago.

Can you or anyone else help me with this?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 09:47:04 AM »
Unfortunatelly the link above (in quote) with working fix has expired years ago.

I suggest you do a search for "changing windows registry permissions" on google.  That may provide the information the dead link could not.   ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

pho201

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 03:37:07 AM »
Thanks. I'll try it.