Author Topic: EZ_1.zip?  (Read 3210 times)

alpha117

EZ_1.zip?
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
Do we still need this with FSX? What extra do you get with it, if needed?

Regards

Clive

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: EZ_1.zip?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
You need every scenery library listed Clive.  Although EZ-1 was originally developed from FS9 and earlier versions all the scenery objects still work and are utilized throughout RTMM.  In fact the more scenery objects you have the less likely it will be that you will encounter those nice plain white buildings or other objects.  Personally I have put all my freeware scenery libraries into one large file so there is no do I have this or that problem.  I made a folder I called EZ Object Library (although there are other objects than EZ ones in it) in this main folder I made a scenery and a texture sub folder.  When ever I get a library I open its scenery sub folder and copy all those files into my EZ Object Library/scenery folder.  Likewise for all the texture files (they, of course go into my texture folder).  If I happen to copy a duplicate file into on of the sub folders it will inform me that a file with that name already exist.  I can opt to copy or not copy it.  Usually if it is a newer version I'll go ahead and copy it.   All my freeware scenery objects are in one place, one file and easily zipped up as a backup.  I have been doing it this way for years now and my personal scenery object library is nearly 7000 objects and is 1.1 GB.  Large yes, but I rarely have any blank scenery either.
So, yes get all the libraries you can find it hurts nothing only takes some time and HD space is all.
 8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:26:48 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

alpha117

Re: EZ_1.zip?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »
thanks Spud, downloading and installing  right now