Author Topic: Missing texture at Misty's  (Read 14855 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Missing texture at Misty's
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »
Well, let's just come up with something for those that don't have acceleration shall we? I just need to see what people are missing. Then I can make a Nina's or whatever for the less accelerated folks.

Tell you what, I am going to ask a couple of unaccelerated volunteers to help me with this project. Through it's completion, and that could take a little while. I will need you to show me pictures of what you're seeing at each of our locations. One location at a time mind you. If I see a bunch of images from all of our places all at once, I'll head on over to "Misty's Place" and you'll never get me outta there.

So, let's start an "unaccelerated" hunt. One scenery area at a time for each volunteer. We'll start with "Misty's Place" I've seen the one image so far with the cabin and campfire.

So, Dragnhorn and Barryd. I'm picking you two for this dubious honor. You both are running FSX in it's unaccelerated state. Here's what I need you two to do for me so we can make everybody happy.
Post images in a forum post here and show me the scenery in it's entirety. By that I mean, take screenshots of the various objects that you can see. Not close ups, but overview shots so I can compare your screenshot to what I'm seeing and then alter the version I have into a new unaccelerated version.

This will open our places up and keep everybody happy I think. Just so you know though, I'm not buying any drinks for myself in "Misty's" after this. Somebody's going to have to spring for my tab until I see this project through.

So unless I hear that you both don't want to take on this assignment, here's the opening task list.

Dragnhorn: "Misty's Place"
Barryd: "Nina's Landing"

You both can post some screen captures now and let's get some work done.

Brad
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:16:22 AM by Bradallen43 »

barryd

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »
Will do Brad! And thanks for your concern for us! For the life of me I have never figured why, after all this time, Microsoft doesn't just post up Accel somewhere and just make it free. At Amazon it costs more to buy Acceleration than it does to buy the whole program. I'll try to get some shots up soon.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:50 AM »
I wish developers could refrain from using the objects from the acceleration pack. That's payware that many of us don't have and otherwise don't need.
I can't see the lodges at Nina's Landing, and I suspect it's the same issue.

Kinda like saying Pacific Fjords is payware that many of us don't have and otherwise don't need.  Acceleration is one of the final developments of FSX by Redmond and it seems most developers are now utilizing its benefits in their work.  I do not have Tongas X so I only see 4 cabins at PANT but not gonna gripe about it.  If it starts to get to me too bad I'll just buy the scenery.
 :)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
Thanks Brad, for your concern and esp the attitude to open Misty's to everyone.  I wasn't really complaining about the missing textures, only commented on them being missing and didn't know why.  Now I know why!    In the initial excitement of seeing the RTMM site I completely missed the "requirements" section saying we needed the Acceleration Pack.  I've researched the Pack and it adds things I have no interest in, like warplane, helo, races, missions, etc.  That's why I haven't bought it in the first place.  Never thought about there being any missing objects/textures untill now.
  I found the Acceration Pack at Amazon for 12.95, so I'll get it.  Spud has a point about it too.  It IS on the "requirements" list, I just missed it.   I think your time would be better spent making more scenery, keeping us all in line (good luck   ;D ) and enjoying Misty again!!   I mean, look at all the payware I've bought from ORBX (everything except a few AUS airports), GEX, REX, Tongass X, etc.
 I think it would be a huge headache and take a LOT of time to make 2 different scenery listings for those with or without Acceleration Pack.  My suggestion is to leave well enough alone and just remind (maybe a sticky) pilots that Acc Pk is a requirement.
  Anyway, just my 2 cents on it.  I'm not hearing any other comments on missing objects/textures than barryd and myself.

I am still willing to do screenshots of sites you want me to Brad.  Just let me know if you are going to go ahead with this idea.  I'm still getting the Acc Pk so I don't miss out on the cool stuff!   :-)

Next round at Misty's on me!

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:12:59 PM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
No,

I need to do this. In my false assumption that everyone had acceleration, I have excluded the probable majority of our guests. I am sorry.

I will make a default FSX version for each of our locations and with your help, we will have a suitable alternative that no longer excludes anyone, but includes each of you.

Just let me see what you're seeing and I'll make us something.

Thanks for your help,

Brad

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »
Hmm... valid point.

So what happens if accel objects are not displayed? Do they cause a system crash, or are we just left with gaps in the scenery?

I may have to edit my unpublishe stuff aready - or add a note.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
Yeah it's definitely something we have to consider as developers. But, making two versions of my scenery isn't going to be that hard, just time consuming, so I hope non-accelerated friends will be patient as I partake on this journey.

Brad

Dragnhorn

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:35:12 AM »
Brad,
 Here are the screenshots at Misty's without the Acceleration Pack.  Hope this helps. 

I usually have better shots but I left McGrab running as I was resizing pics and it wouldn't let me "paste" right......until I discovered my error!  All my shots had my triplet grandsons in there Halloween costumes!!  lol

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:44:05 AM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Dragnhorn

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »
Last 3 shots of Misty's scenery area, including the first shot from the original post on this subject.  Not sure what is missing but I'm sure you will know Brad.   :)

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »
Rob,

A part from the one texture less cottage and the campfire next to it. I'm not seeing much missing for you. That's good.

alexf

• My photogallery
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
Just came in to finally visit Misty (PF20) for the first time as I was doing KORS area a lot untiln ow. Flew from PAKT PF20 and lo and behold the hangars and buildings are all black textures. The static planes are fine.

That would be all three buildings shown in image FSX_047 in the message above.

What files am I missing?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:10:09 PM by alexf »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 06:13:46 AM »
Alex,

Those three objects are included in the file EZ_1.zip. Please make sure you have that file installed correctly.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »
Alex ... did you use the Scenery Object Tester at http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/#s? This will tell you what is missing.

Brad ... maybe we should add to that with a "latest" object from "KH" ... then we'd know if those files had been downloaded.

That's a great tool.

D

alexf

• My photogallery
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »
Thanks. Got it sorted out. It was a small error in installing EZ_1 libraries. Fixed.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 01:57:18 PM »
 ;)