Author Topic: Looking for pilot/co-pilot/experienced trainer  (Read 5367 times)

Zyme

Looking for pilot/co-pilot/experienced trainer
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
I recently got interested in bush flying thanks to the beautiful PFJ scenery addon. And also growing tired of normal flying (pressing E, taxi, takeoff) I am starting to go 100% realistic flight from cold and dark with all the knobs and switches.

This site seems like a really nice initiative but I think it's kind of boring flying solo.

I picked up the fascinating Aerosoft Catalina PBY for FSX and it's really an advanced aircraft for me. Therefor I'm looking for someone who wants to do some multiplayer sessions with it and be the pilot, or co-pilot (it does not matter to me) to have some fun.

For some reason I have a soft spot for amphibians, probably because they are versatile which I find extremely fun. And this scenery is PERFECT for this.

I am pretty new and there is a lot of stuff I have to figure out, so it would just be a nice experience. I mainly want to try out the share aircraft feature of FSX to have som fun with it in an advanced aircraft. Turning knobs, flipping switches, maintaning the flight at highest realism setting.

So far I managed to:

- Start up from dark and cold
- Take off
- Cruise, however I have problems with the engine shutting down in the middle of cruise due to bad mixture controls
- Landing on water

Things I can't wrap my head around is the:

- GPS
- Mixture controls while cruising
- What everything in the cockpit is and does
- What to do when something fails

It would be cool if someone is experienced with this particular addon so we could do some advanced flying (like failures or hard weather) and a full flight with the GPS or any simulated missions.

I am eager and willing to learn as this aircraft seems more approachable than a 737 and a bit more advanced than a Cessna.

Communicating via Skype preferred. I am based in Scandinavia.

I am also interesting in tour flights riding as a passenger if anyone wants to fly me! I could learn the aircraft and play around with the knobs and switches during the flight.

If you are like me and want a companion in the air, and don't mind a newbie, trying to go 100% realistic from start to land, hit me up!

Send a PM if interested! Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:30:07 PM by Zyme »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Looking for pilot/co-pilot/experienced trainer
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »
Welcome aboard. You'll find that we have an active multiplayer group here at RTMM. Although, I've yet to figure all that stuff out. But check on the multiplayer forum for more information. They usually put a group flight together each week.

Hope you like your stay here at RTMM.

Brad

Zyme

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
I just found out that you cannot share addon aircraft in multiplayer! :(

But my offer still stands using any of the default aircraft, like the Grumman Goose. It seems perfect for the PFJ scenery.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »
I just found out that you cannot share addon aircraft in multiplayer! :(

But my offer still stands using any of the default aircraft, like the Grumman Goose. It seems perfect for the PFJ scenery.

Well .... that is partially true Zyme.  If you have airplane A as an addon and someone your flying with in multi-player also has airplane A in his hangar he will see you in that airplane.  (He does not need to be flying airplane A, just have it installed in FSX).  If your MP partner does not have airplane A in his hangar then he will see you in a C172.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »
Spud, I think he wants to be "co-pilot", or a passenger in someone else's plane while they fly around. :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Zyme

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
Yes, in the same aircraft side by side.

Not just normal multiplayer flying after eachother. ;)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »
Jeff,
I'll leave those answers to you as I have never tried such a thing.  Besides if I can't reach over and slap the co-pilot on the back of the head when he screws up it's not "As real as it gets"!   :o
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »
Not me.  I don't think I'd like to have a virtual "copilot", or to be one.  I'm no instructor, by any stretch of the imagination.  I've got an extremely un-orthodox flying style. :o ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P