Author Topic: looking for ideas for scenery  (Read 5354 times)

gurka

looking for ideas for scenery
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »
I'm looking to do my first scenery contribution for RTMM.

I'm looking for some real world places - cabins, hunting lodges, private air strips, etc... but i'm looking for something as close to PANT (Annette Island) as possible.  Any suggestions, links - please post them here for me to find something to do...

cheers

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: looking for ideas for scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
Hi Gurka, try the Ketchikan sectional, there are a lot of cabins marked on those, but be aware that ORBx's patch for PF due out soon does add in a good many cabins as well, so you might find some duplication, I have no idea which cabins they are going to add.

You can get a sectional chart from avsim if you don't already have one, search for Matt Fox, he uploaded the whole USA VFR sectional and Terminal charts.

Also check the RTMM map room, I do believe that there is a direct link to the Ketchikan sectional in there as well.

gurka

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »
Ah nice idea... I think I may have found something.

Mary Island Alaska, just East of Annette.

http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=822
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Island_Light

Matt Foxx's PAKT sectional also lists some 'cabins' in the area which I'd like to try and some pics of or i will just improvise :-)

cheers thanks for the very helpful suggestion.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
I'm going to step in and request that any cabin projects for the Misty Fjords area be put on hold until the upcoming patch for "PFJ" is released. They are planning a full compliment of custom cabin objects by Bill Womack and they'll be placed right where you see them on the charts.

So, no realworld cabin projects please until ORBX gets their update into our hands. THEN, maybe more cabins can be put into fictitious places like the ones I've done for us. We'll be able to then know where the real world cabins are at and not duplicate anything or place a make believe location too close to a real world one, etc.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:16:16 PM »
Gurka ...

The Mary Island light is already there ...
Fly to Mary Island, it is on the north east corner of the island.

Doug

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]

gurka

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:15:30 PM »
LOL damn they took the lighthouse!

Ok no cabins until the PFJ patch is out then.