Author Topic: The Dispatcher's Office  (Read 544179 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: The Dispatcher's Office
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »
Dispatch #010 - Foggy's Mail Run

A great little flight with a scenic route to follow. Foggy suggested this one, and it was a good one to create for you. Give him a hand and help him fly his mail run he needs someone to fill in for him today! A gps flight plan is included, but he left a note on the seat of the plane for you ... it's easier to follow his instructions. Read through it at Misty's Place/Dispatcher's Office/ Dispatch #010.

D

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:03:23 PM by Doug »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Great Idea on the Tongass Fjords Dispatch #009. Wow, this is a weekend`s tour!! I like it!
The Tongass Fjords is a really great scenery. From time to time I`m heading north for a trip there. ;)

BTW:
Just finished the dispatch#006 the Lighthouses!
This is a really great flightroute! A Helisimmers dream! Each Lighthouse has it´s own helipad. The Lighthouses are some pretty additions to PFJ. Especially the southern one`s are really nice!
Thank you!!!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »
Dispatch #011 - Klaus' Glacier Tour

It's "up" ... this one is a beautiful trip from Navman's Retreat to Wrangell, up the Stikine and over the glaciers back to Petersburg Airport with a few stops between. Complete with "flight-seeing" information. This one is really fun to fly.  Thank you Klaus.

D

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:10:50 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:42 AM »
Dispatch #012 - Stikine River Mail Drop

A flight from Wrangell up the Stikine across to the Iskut and back down to Wrangell. This is a fully auto-piloted trip, meaning if you pay attention to the altitude settings, you can fly this without touching the yoke except for takeoff and landing.  Every turn is programmed into the flight plan. This is a particularly interesting flight if the weather is very bad ... rain or shine, the mail must get through.

Doug

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »
Dispatch #013 - The Admiralty Island USFS Cabins (Tongass Fjords)

Here is a short run from Kake SPBto the four USFS cabins on Admiralty Island.  This one is "autopilot ready". There are two places where altitude must be raised from 1200 (normal) to 2000 feet.  These are all located at Misty's Place at the Dispatcher's office.

D

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
Wow Doug, you're getting good.  These look great.  I really look forward to flying them all.  Thirteen of them so far!  You've been busy.  8) 8) 8) ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 10:11:10 PM »
Jeff ... please don't tell a soul!!! ... but I'm having fun doing these. I've never explored the Tongass Fjords area, I've always spent most of my time around Misty. So I'm having fun flying to different places and flying the cabins of Tongass. Some of them are a DEVIL to find ... not always on the lake, but tucked back in.  I'm updating the rtmm.dat file as I go and adding them as POI's on my Plan-G.  Then I figure out a route to connect the dots. I'm seeing a lot of places I'd sure like to visit.  I think my favorite place up there is Port Protection ... what a great job they did on that little community. #014 starts there to cover the Prince of Wales Islands east and north of Misty. Beautiful country and water out there.

Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »
Jeff ... please don't tell a soul!!! ... but I'm having fun doing these.
:-X

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Dispatch #014 Tongass Fjords package of Cabins for Prince of Wales Island

Here is an interesting run from (my favorite place) Port Protection to Hydaburg via the Prince of Wales cabins in the Tongass Fjords Scenery Package.  This one was interesting to do, especially near Black Bear Cabin, which, when you fly it, you will not forget soon! 

This is "autopilot ready" meaning after you take off, if you have the flight plan loaded, you can fly "hands off" except for adjusting the altitude where necessary, (or of course landing). Altitude is indicated on the Dispatcher's Map and in NOTAMS in the text.  This dispatch is set for 1200 foot altitude, so if there is bad weather, they can still be flown ... just be careful where you have to go higher than any clouds.  Also, if the day is clear, you need not follow the instructions, you can simply fly direct.

D

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:53:20 PM by Doug »

foggy-bottom

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:35 AM »
Doug,  I have another mail run for you - this time to the NW.

Mail Run 2 - Northwest

Start at Misty's PF20/21 to:

PAKT/PAKX to collect mail for delivery, calling at -

KCC Coffman Cove - Note:  KCC is in the Tongass Fjords area; I don't know what KCC looks like in default FSX, if it even exists there.  Tongass Fjords for FSX is recommended.
KTB Thorne Bay
PF08 Thorne Bay Resort - an excuse for lunch!!! ;)
HYL Hollis
KXA Kasaan

Return to PAKT/PAKX to drop collected mail then,

RTB at Misty's

Option if Dan is in residence at "The Hideaway":

after PF08, route to KSA, then HYL and "DANS" before return to PAKT/PAKX.

Routing  is "as required", just keep off the granite.  Equipment is again the Cub Floats/Amphib or similar.  If you take the Cub, there's a copy of this flight schedule on top of the glareshield - left side - and a box of in-flight cookies in a bag on the back seat.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:07:25 AM by foggy-bottom »
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

Doug

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
I'll play with it ... working on some graphics things now trying to learn "Elements 9" ... making progress. We try to make Simming "as real as it gets" here at RTMM ... sometimes you feel the plane is getting "real" and flying right off the screen at you, huh? :-)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:03:54 AM by Doug »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »
I'll play with it ... working on some graphics things now trying to learn "Elements 9" ... making progress. We try to make Simming "as real as it gets" here at RTMM ... sometimes you feel the plane is getting "real" and flying right off the screen at you, huh? :-)

Great!!! 8)

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
Just Back from flying the Dispatch#002! Great Tour!
Thank you, Doug! I enjoyed it very much! :)

Had some very interesting and friendly talks with the german visitors at Eagle`s Lake Cabin!
These Lucky One`s had Bavarian beer in their luggage!.....the helipilot sadly had to resist this delight stuff but
the USFS-Ranger enjoyed it much.
I had to explain the Ranger that the people in Bavaria see beer not as alcoholics but as some kind of food..... ;D...because I answered, I´m not hungry when offered the beer! ;)