Author Topic: Snow Dog Tours addon  (Read 6436 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Snow Dog Tours addon
« on: July 21, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
Not sure if this is O.K. to post here, as it isn't Misty Moorings, but I'm liking this discovery of "Snow Dog Tours" virtual airline scenery addon.  It fits well with our scenery, and helps to populate the area with SPB's and airstrips to land at.  You can check it out at:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=mocat&x=0&y=0

I haven't seen the "North Pole" package yet, but the base package has, I think, 147 locations.  See what you think.

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Snow Dog Tours addon
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »
Jeff,
I had Snow Dogs installed when I first started with RTMM and there is a conflict with added buildings along the seaplane docks at PAKT.  It adds some buildings that interfere with the scenery for Ketchikan.  Still runs but just is not correct.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »
Yeah, I knew about that.  But most everywhere else the buildings are out of our sceneries way, and adds another hangar, with lights, fire, flags, docks, etc.  It's a trade-off I'm willing to do.   I just wanted to mention them, if anyone else feels like me.  I flew from Valdez to Ketchikan the other day, and everywhere I landed, they were there.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

foggy-bottom

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:42:24 AM »
Thanks for the link, Jeff.  I had SDT installed a few years ago but it was one of the sceneries that got moved to the trash when Tongass X came along.

I think that PNJ and RTMM have the seaplane docks pretty well covered - apart from Ketchikan.  Murphy's, Penn Pullout, PAKX (sort-of) are OK as is Totem Bight, but Ketchikan Harbour SPB is not at all "well done".  One small dock tucked away in a creek corner of the scenery,  compared to the image of the area on certain imaging sites with at least 7 sites between Misty Outfitter's and the airport ferry dock - most have multiple seaplane docks and piers.

I'm downloading SDT now and I'll have another look when I get back home Sunday/Monday.

Does anyone have any info on a "new PAKT"?  I recall seeing something re FSAddon; also ORBX, but have not been able to track down those forum pages...
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

foggy-bottom

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »
Tried it - didn't work for me.  Too many conflicts...

Awaiting PAKT from FSAddon or ORBX...
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
Foggy, I just dropped Russ a memo this week and asked if he had a progress report for us on PAKT, haven't heard back yet.

D