Author Topic: Help wanted , Inquire within  (Read 5509 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
Help wanted , Inquire within
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »
I have a very heavy work schedual covering other people that are on vacation at my work place for the next 3 weeks and wont have the time to come up with a flight during that time, although i,ll still be here on thursday night ready to fly ;D I,m hoping someone else can come up with and post a flight for the multiplayer weekly get together, it would be great to fly someone elses idea,s / destinations 8)..it could be as simple as a discription of the flight and or a screen shot of the planed route .really whatever you can come up with, you dont even have to fly with us MP guys if you dont want to ..if your like me , i find it fun to come up with these flights and enjoy posting them much like doug , brad and the other scenery guru,s here like making scenery .....hey if you come up with something even if your not  interested in multiplayer  ::)..we,ll fly it and post a pirep about it for you to enjoy  ;D

I,ll also take this oppertunity to thank canuk21 for hosting the backup server and teamspeak .
thank you very much :) the teamspeak server came in handy 2 weeks ago when the midav server crapped out due to weather over florida,  So have at it people,  You plan it and we mp rtmm pilots will fly it .....cheers WeDGe

Backup Server 1

FSHost:
Player name= Use your RTMM login
IP address=72.39.39.71
Connect Port=23457
Password=rtmm2011

TeamSpeak 2:
Server Address= 72.39.39.71:8767
Nickname= Use your RTMM login
Session= Anonymous
Server Password= rtmm2011

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Help wanted , Inquire within
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »
     I'd like to submit my suggestion.  A tour of the Prince of Wales Island.  I know I don't get up there very often.  (I just found out it is partially in the Tongass Fjords region, but that's OK with me if it is with you.)  Usually, I'm heading down to the Terrace area, as that seems to be the normal migration route.  So let's shake it up a little, checking out Craig to Klawock (the long way), . . . there are plenty of sights along the tour.  I don't know how long it'll take.  We'll go as far as we can.  Or we can split it in two, doing the second half the following week.

PS - You can grab the flightplan and go for it "solo" any time you want.  It's a great flight!

Aircraft:  Beaver/Maule Amphibians (or whatever you want) @150~200 knots/water landing capable
Departure Airport:  Craig, Alaska
Rally Time:  0045 zulu
Scheduled Departure:  0100 zulu
(See WeDGe's post for connection info)

v--- FSX and Plan-G flightplans are in the "zip" file below ---v

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:06:37 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
That's 6 PM here on the West Coast, right?
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:02:18 PM »
That's 6 PM here on the West Coast, right?

PDT +7 that is correct.
 8)
Later,

Spud

foggy-bottom

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »
Jeff,  that's a "cool" flight-seeing plan.  However............  and just seen your amendment about some of the action taking place in the TF area, will this not cause issues with the way that the scenery is displayed when crossing the boundaries between the two area's?  I have flown between the two area's - PAKT to Coffman, with settings applied to give ORBX/PFJ priority - without too much trouble, though there was a marked decrease in the number of trees displayed outside the PFJ area.

This image shows the differences on my system - heading north across the channel to the East of Coffman...

https://picasaweb.google.com/116525006840793844852/FSX_Misty_Miscellany?authkey=Gv1sRgCOfU_5r70Mj93wE#5631000240556469074

The boundary between PFJ and TF is clear.  There are other images there - scroll back two or three to see the "pre-PFJ" world.

When I "fly" in this area, I plan for a refuel/relief break at Coffman, or another location as close to the boundary as possible; Hollis is probably the best but Thorne Bay and Hydaburg are also good, then I shut down FSX and swap over the scenery config using the ORBX TFX Central utility.  It's a bit of a pain but I don't know of any other way.

Whatever you choose to do Thursday, have a good one; 0100Z is 0200 Local here in the UK and I have an early morning start...  and a six hour drive, on Friday  :o
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:21:25 AM by foggy-bottom »
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
If you have Tongas installed there should be no reason to swap FTX Central.  Are you saying that you do not have TF and therefore swap to the default scenery at the boundary?  Correct me pleas if I am not understanding your post.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
I'm with Spud on this one.  I have been flying the route yesterday, checking it out.  I don't see any division between the scenery areas.  I only found out it was TF scenery by using Google Earth with the coverage areas overlaid on it.  I was trying to find out the name of the island.  I only see a border when crossing over the FTX coverage area boundary, not boundaries between packages.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

foggy-bottom

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:57:57 AM »
Hi folks,  I have Tongass, PFJ and PNW.  I've been reading stuff on other "fora" re FTX Central settings, i.e., NA or "World" (default).  On my steam-age system I see a marked difference in tree and vegetation cover when going from, e.g., PAKT (ORBX) to Coffman (Tongass) when the scenery setting is set on "North America".  When I get to Coffman for the comfort break, and swap the FTX config to "World" (default) then continue to PASI, the amount of tree/vegetation cover in the Tongass area is back to normal.

No great shakes...  If you folks don't see the join, fair does.

Enjoy your session Thursday  ;)
Regards  /  "Foggy"

If flying was really difficult, only Armourers would be allowed to do it...

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 01:01:45 PM »
hi foggy , sorry you cant join in the mp,s because of the time difference . the timber wolf guys fly multiplayer flights every sunday at 7pm gmt...a great bunch of guys most of em live over there on your side of the pond....so if your interested check the Midav forum here where they post the flights..they,d love to have you along for the ride cheers. 8)

http://midnightaviation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=departures&action=display&thread=343

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
These are the waypoints for the route.  Check to see if you've got all areas installed.

First, it's in the Tongass region so it would be good if you've got that one.  The route is as follows:

Craig                                       CGA
Steamboat Bay                         WSB
Waterfall                                  KWF
Hydaburg                                 HYG
High Lake cabin
Klinkwan Fish Camp
Hunter Bay cannery
Aiken Creek camp
Dan's Hideaway
Dog Salmon Creek & Village
Goose Bay cabin
Troller's Cove cabin
Kasaan                                    KXA
Thorne Bay                              KTB
Coffman Cove                          KCC
North Whale                            96Z
Tokeen                                    57A
Nichin Cove                             AK62
Port Alice                                16K
Klawock                                  AQC

Google "Snowdog Tours" and check them out.  I installed their scenery, and their destination points are all over the area, from Valdez to Ketchikan.  I don't know if their area covers more than that.  Check 'em out.  They've done a very professional job, and they seem compatible with Misty Moorings so far.

edit - Since posting this snippet about "Snowdog Tours" I have found that some of their scenery does not, in fact, mesh correctly with the FTX terrain.  Enough of them do, though, that I am still liking them as part of my scenery.  Their buildings with the fireplaces and flags and all the other stuff really looks neat to me.  A warm place by the fire after a long flight.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:06:33 PM by jeff3163 »