Author Topic: Trees in the sea.. Lol.  (Read 877 times)

Kurdt_Cocaine

• If it flies I'll fly it.
Trees in the sea.. Lol.
« on: July 20, 2024, 07:25:01 AM »
Hi all, this is my first time writing in this forum. I've installed RTMM succesfully about a year ago but then lost everything (Including my FsX) when my external hardisk got corrupted. I recently got another one and tried reinstall RTMM only this time I've got an issue, and not a small one: There's trees in the water!

I can't think of a solution I haven't tried before but I'd be willing to try the same things out a milion times more should that fix it! Also, I should state that the exe configurator provided doesn't work for me. Once the installation finishes i see the little box open but it's just blank!

I'm gonna provide a few screenshot here, any help is welcomed:

https://ibb.co/0Y0YbYK
https://ibb.co/0GRCjJM
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 08:05:17 AM by Kurdt_Cocaine »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Trees in the sea.. Lol.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2024, 10:32:15 AM »
Guess, before we can help you, we need to ask a few questions..

What version of fsx?
Did you add the required orbx regions?
Did you install tongass from the exe install?
Did you add rtmm from the master zip?
Did you add the scenery entries for rtmm and ensure that, as well as the tongas entries, are sequenced correctly via
the scenery.cfg and also set up the insertion points inside ftx central ? (Instructions to do this is in the rtmm install docs)

Once all of the above is correctly setup I suspected that it
will cure your problems.

Follow the rtmm instructions/install file step by step.. and that should correct any issues.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Kurdt_Cocaine

• If it flies I'll fly it.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2024, 05:28:45 PM »
Hello Norm and sorry for the late reply,

I do not have orbx but I've done every other step by the book; I'm going to uninstall and reinstall everything once more and see if the problems persists. I'm playing on Steam Edition if that's what you're asking.

Also, from what i recall last time I didn't use the configurator, is it required to function to display the scenery correctly?

As of now the a.i. is displayed and works perfectly.. (except for the ships but that's due to them getting stuck in the grass) and the sceneries look like they're supposed to, I just can't get rid of this patch of grass. :/

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2024, 11:05:04 AM »
Ah fsx steam version..  okay.. should not be a big as long as you can find the paths to the FSX steam version folders.. you shouldn't need to run any configurator however if you don't have or use orbx regions than that might be causing the grass issue.. as rtmm is buit on top of the orbx scenery. Anyways, hopefully you can get used to seeing some grass in the yard locations but other than that things should work okay, for the most part.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^