Author Topic: Discord Server Use  (Read 1148 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Discord Server Use
« on: June 17, 2024, 10:26:15 PM »
The new permanent Link to the RTMM/MFC Discord is: https://discord.gg/6aw97KZ2Hu

We have been informed that the RTMM forum here on this site, after many years of existence, maybe closing by late summer or early fall hence will slowly transition the forum posts to a more cost effective location.

A few years ago, I created a server on Discord for the Misty Flying Club, which houses MFC material and it also can serve the purpose of providing a forum type of environment, for both RTMM and MFC not only in text format channels but also has capability of carrying many voice channels for live voice chat, multi/group flights/events or for live help/support. And, so far, it is a free service.

On the discord server, have already added the download links/descriptions for the RTMM all-in-one scenery packages for FSX, P3Dv4, P3Dv5 and MSFS2020 as well as direct download links to Tongass Fjords FSX (install version) and the Tongass Fjords P3D add-on.

Discord's format is a bit different than many are used to but after a short time and a learning curve, hopefully all will be come familiar with its use and the navigation of this application.

There is three versions of Discord: the browser version on PC, the software application on PC and a Discord app for mobile phone. (For PC use, recommend the software application) (https://discord.com/)

If you have any problems just give a yell and we can assist you.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Re: Discord Server Use
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2024, 03:20:45 PM »
Thanks Norm, I appreciate all the work you've done getting the Discord set up and running.      Most communities these days use Discord as their main community hubs, and I think people will come to like it after getting used to it.   It's very effective for communicating and you can do things like hop into a voice channel to either fly together or get some troubleshooting help.

I'll have more info on the future of the forum once I finalize the plan of action.    I'd personally like to perform one final update to the forum software and then disable new forum registrations but possibly leave it open to existing users if they wish to use it.    There's a wealth of information here from over the years and it would be a shame to lose it all.  However, upgrading the forum is not without its risks due to the amount of time it's been since the last update, and things like the RTMM look and feel of the forum risk being lost.

I'll have more updates in the future. Thanks again.