Author Topic: bid choice does not register  (Read 5464 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: bid choice does not register
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2023, 08:06:36 AM »
Ok Sherm.... fixed. Henry has purged the corrupt bid from the mfc system.

I have re-added you with a selected aircraft (c182) and have updated/completed your leg one on the tour so you are now ready to start leg 2 of that tour. (tour MFC0039). So you good to go.

All, please remember to select an aircraft when signing up for tours. (The tour system requires an aircraft to get you from point-a to point-b! on each excursion). Thanks

Carry on sir.
Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

shermank

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2023, 08:14:20 AM »
thanks Rich,
I know this is a repeat problem and answer...I was surprised the issue popped up again. I looked at the flight from my browser, not Cigar Box. If I understand you correctly, that is the place to start.

Sherm

nbrich1

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2023, 12:59:27 PM »
thanks Rich,
I know this is a repeat problem and answer...I was surprised the issue popped up again. I looked at the flight from my browser, not Cigar Box. If I understand you correctly, that is the place to start.

Sherm

Yep, always generate the tour flight from the tour page (browser), then in Cigar Box you click on the
"Get Flight Data" box and voila your flight is loaded.

Norm

laserpoint490

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2024, 03:40:38 PM »
Hi Norm,

I'm having the same no bid problem as others in this thread.  I just signed up for MFC0029 Valdez-Merrill Air Services and selected DC-3 for the aircraft., I show as signed up pilot:
 MFC0083   Alan Goodrich   PAVD   Valdez Airport   04.02.2024  ...., but no aircraft is shown.  I see where this causes the no bid problem.

I selected bid for the first leg and MFC says I have no bid and no bid shows up in Cigar Box.  Can you be so kind to get me going on this next tour when you have time?

Thank you, sir, so much.
Alan

nbrich1

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2024, 09:52:28 AM »
Hi Norm,

I'm having the same no bid problem as others in this thread.  I just signed up for MFC0029 Valdez-Merrill Air Services and selected DC-3 for the aircraft., I show as signed up pilot:
 MFC0083   Alan Goodrich   PAVD   Valdez Airport   04.02.2024  ...., but no aircraft is shown.  I see where this causes the no bid problem.

I selected bid for the first leg and MFC says I have no bid and no bid shows up in Cigar Box.  Can you be so kind to get me going on this next tour when you have time?

Thank you, sir, so much.
Alan

Hmmm.. argg. Well looking at your sign on to the tour there is no aircraft selected. (But that was a system glitch and nothing you did).  But your leg one bid for tour MFC0029 is stuck in the system.

I removed you from the tour and re-added you with the DC3 which is fine now but I can't clear the stuck bid..-it is in the database.

I have emailed Mr. Kirk (website database keeper) and have requested your corrupt bid to be purged.  Once that is done, you'll be able to successfully generate a good bid on that tour. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Norm

1. I removed you from the tour and tried

laserpoint490

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2024, 10:06:37 AM »
Thanks, Norm.

I've had several things that I've been stuck on (or in like snow in the Rockies), but this is my first stuck bid...LOL!  When the stuck bid is removed, I gladly rejoin my work for MFC.  Thanks, again, for your help.
Alan

nbrich1

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2024, 07:07:39 PM »
Ok Alan, Henry just advised that he cleared the cue in the db to purge the stuck bid... Now it is removed and I gave it a quick test and now no issues so you are ready to go again...

I have added you to tour MFC0029 with the DC3 so just creat the bid for one leg one and resume normally. 

Norm

PS: Thanks so much Henry.

laserpoint490

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2024, 11:46:06 AM »
Success!!  Got the leg 1 bid going.  Thank you Norm.  I'm glad to be unstuck as it were.
Alan