Author Topic: Install Problems  (Read 19608 times)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Install Problems
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:50:23 AM »
All the scenery we have made is very straightforward stuff, it doesn't interfere in anyway with existing scenery apart from the general landscape at the places with strips which will have a small area flattened for the runway etc.
So, if you see weird things happening to Ketchikan or PANT or wherever you happen to be, you can be sure that the problem is not being caused by any MM scenery, but more often than not by the structure of the scenery library.
There are two options for dealing with this, the best one is to read the FTX instructions on how to do that, there is also a useful sticky thread on the FTX forum illustrating the process

Click Here

Alternatively you can use a manual method.
Shut down FSX
Open the FTX central
Click the apply default FSX button
Click apply
Click the North America FTX button
Click Apply

Start FSX
Go to settings then the scenery library
All the FTX stuff will be at the top of the list
Move the EZ library to the top
Move the scenery folder you put you RTMM files in to the top of the list

If you have other scenery files running in this region that are in a similar vein to the MM sceneries, they too will need to be moved up.

If you have payware terrain of mesh in this area you will need it to be below all the FTX stuff, check the FTX forums for compatibility issues.

Close the library.

FSX will rebuild the scenery database to reflect the changes.

Start FSX and check that your scenery looks as it should.

Acceleration v SP2

For those who do not have acceleration but only SP2 you may find that certain objects do not display correctly such as the posts on some piers and some vehicles do not show up, we are not sure why this is, but it is likely that they are a part of the acceleration pack only, this was noted during beta testing of some files.

If you wish to upgrade to Acceleration be sure to remove the SP2 pack first.

This thread may be updated as better information becomes available.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:00:48 AM by Avian »

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Install Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:46:14 AM »
That's because some of the addins are made using Acceleration objects - special objects that were added by the MS team to enhance things like the air races and extra heli missions...
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »
For most users the additional cost of the ACC pack is not the problem, but rather that this should directly follow on the fresh installation of FSX!
Even if you uninstall the SP2 pack successfully, it is  not necessarily  guaranteed that the ACC pack works correctly!

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
You're right of course Dieter, but once I decided to go for it and do a complete reinstall, it was worth it in the end.

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
This is precisely the point many users are afraid of, a complete new installation, followed by gigabytes of addons.
You're right, Avian, the result is worth to do so. Then one has the latest version of FSX.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
Did you guys see that new Tool Brad has made for us? The Scenery Object Tester?  It's under "S" on the FAQ page ... pretty neat idea.

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 03:46:36 PM »
Um yes, I tested it for him  ;)

It is a great idea.

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
Ugh   I just installed Acceleration over my FSX without first starting over from scratch!  Maybe this explains why all my water is now land textures?

sigh...
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
No!  All you need to do with that is run the FTX configurator by changing the scenery to FSX default and applying it, then changing it back to North America and applying it, that will reset things and your water will return. I also have the same problem from time to time, with Tongass though I usually have to use the repair function to get things back to normal.

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
Avian,
  I tried that just a bit ago before coming back to the forum and all is well.   ;D   I remembered reading about that and it saved me!!  lol   

Nina's looks great with the dockside buildings and the sounds are superb addition!
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 06:58:17 PM »
Yay!! Glad to hear you're now seeing Nina's as it was intended.

Brad