Author Topic: Airplane still moving message  (Read 3030 times)

Frank82

Airplane still moving message
« on: October 07, 2023, 04:50:25 PM »
Twice when I arrived destination and completed leg, I get a message saying “airplane is moving” and the “stop flight” button on Cigar will not work? I completed the flight with water landing and am at dock when I use the pause button to stop. I tried activating the flight again but the stop flight button still doesn’t work. Would appreciate any help.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Airplane still moving message
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 07:18:42 PM »
Hi there Frank... Can be a bit tricky at times on water... yes the aircraft must be stopped....
So try this.. shut engines down, put out water rudder and turn left or right.. which ever is against the flow so the aircraft becomes stationary.. the other option is to use reverse or pushback.. (shift P).. for slow the momentum of the aircraft so that it becomes stationary then try to close out flight.  Can be tricky.. but I have no settings that I can adjust to minimize the momentum or turn off any motion in cigar box.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Frank82

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 07:35:08 PM »
Thanks Norm, will work on it now that I know it’s not something I did wrong in CIGAR.
Frank

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 10:43:59 PM »
Nope.. I get it the odd time if aircraft is still sensed moving.. 

Also, make sure you run cigar box as admin  and best to have latest version of fsuipc: (Now FSUIPC7 v7.3.24 which came out after SU13)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 11:01:08 PM by nbrich1 »

joshd

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 12:28:00 AM »
Forward motion while the propellers are turning is just a fact of life with floats, but in the real world you can jump out in waders and pull or turn the aircraft. Or you have friends to whom you can toss a rope, or who can catch you as you drift towards a dock.

I've been using this add-on to solve the same problem. It gives just enough control to simulate something similar. You use "shift-p" to activate the window, just as you would with the normal pushback, but it gives you the option of easily changing the direction of the pushback, or just holding the aircraft in place.

Hope it helps!

https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback

kaha

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 09:38:58 AM »
Maybe using the 'y'-key could work? It definitely holds the plane in place until pressed again.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2023, 12:26:07 PM »
on this page of Lorby about 2/3 the way down you can find 3 different flitsim variations for mooring your float/amphib. I've found it works quite well in MSFS2020, not sure about the two P3D versions https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

nbrich1

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2023, 03:07:18 PM »
Ah, a wee "tie down" app.  Would work well especially in rough water weather!

Thanks Jim.

Frank82

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 10:33:51 AM »
I have the latest version of FSUIPC7, used shift P which worked, but I can’t figure out how to activate the Lorby-si Mooring app. I’m a bit embarrassed that I can’t figure this out but I have installed it twice and looked everywhere?
Thank you to Norm, joshhd, Kaya, and av8erjm for all your help.

Frank82

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 04:39:39 PM »
Norm, I have most issues resolved thanks to you. I do have one more that I can not solve. I have tried to fly from Z43 Tongas Harbor to Waterfall KWS three times. Each time the flight stops as if I paused MSFS around 10 minutes out. No matter what I do, even tried saving and reloading the flight, which actually does allow the flight to continue but now it doesn’t record on Cigar Box. I used autopilot so I could look around at the scenery and was wondering if that could affect to recording to Cigar Box?
Thank you,
Frank

nbrich1

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 04:54:11 PM »
Ah ok.. You're in MSFS... (There is a note in the manual about that. It the auto save flight feature.*)

To FIX>> Go into Cigar box >> Recovery Tab >> Settings >> UNTICK the Auto Save box >> then click the Blue save button at the bottom of the Recovery Settings box.

That will disable the auto save feature and for MSFS users that will fix the pause.
(In MSFS2020 that feature works to save the flight but it won't resume the sim so MSFS users have to disconnect that option*).

*Note: You can manually save your flight in the air (that is above 1000 agl) via cigar box by going to the Recovery Tab >> Save Flight.  (then if required you can manually reload it by Recovery >> Load Flight).

Norm

Frank82

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 12:26:25 PM »
Norm, very much appreciate your help and insight with MFC. Makes a huge difference. I was able to complete the flight and hopefully will complete many more. I always fly VR so I go out of VR after landing and can then activate the mooring app and do a complete stop.
Thank again,
Frank