Author Topic: Rwy12 library?  (Read 4754 times)

Fred

Rwy12 library?
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:40:17 PM »
I see on the scenery page that it is not mentioned you need rwy12 library. Is this obsolete now for you scenery packs or is it just a glitch it is not mentioned among the "need" files?

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Rwy12 library?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
I see on the scenery page that it is not mentioned you need rwy12 library. Is this obsolete now for you scenery packs or is it just a glitch it is not mentioned among the "need" files?

Fred,
believe me when I say you cannot have too many scenery libraries in your sim.  My personal object library is 1.09GB in size for FSX plus the payware and OZx libraries in their respective downloads and I have not had any texture problems except when first starting out and I purchased Tongas X to fix that.
Go ahead and get the rwy12 library and add it to your object library you will not regret it in the long run.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:02:44 PM »
Should we add that to the "must have" at the top of the scenery page, Spud?

D

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:33:37 AM »
Is there a RWY 12 object in your test scenery Doug?
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Doug

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 08:46:02 AM »
I'm not sure, Brad did it.  But you know, it might be worth while to make a new one that has all of the things we list on the top of the scenery page.   I'll look into that. Always have a "latest" in there from Xavier and maybe a latest from ORBX ... we wouldn't be "using" their sceneries, that test would be for THEIR benefit.  But an object from each of the key libraries would be quite a tool.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:19:13 AM »
I'm not sure, Brad did it.  But you know, it might be worth while to make a new one that has all of the things we list on the top of the scenery page.   I'll look into that. Always have a "latest" in there from Xavier and maybe a latest from ORBX ... we wouldn't be "using" their sceneries, that test would be for THEIR benefit.  But an object from each of the key libraries would be quite a tool.

I would be sure to inquire at ORBX before even adding a "test" object as they seem to be super sensitive about ANY use of their scenery objects and this would, of course, entail using said objects.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »
Should we add that to the "must have" at the top of the scenery page, Spud?

D

Doug,
it would be a good idea.  I thought that in the beginning there was a notice that Rwy12 libraries should be added as well or is that just age related wishful thinking?
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »
Again, I'm the "newcomer" to the scenery making.  Brad is the expert on this and its history here.  And yes, I'd check with John Venema first before putting up an ORBX test object.  In fact, I'd go a step further, I'd look for one of his people that was sort of in charge of all this and ask that they send us a "latest" new object.  No, we don't do anything here without a "permission" from ORBX.