Author Topic: Doug Linn scenery  (Read 3583 times)

frostlp

Doug Linn scenery
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
The last two additions to your library by Doug Linn are nothing short of spectacular.  The innovation used to rectify the FS "oddities" of Holger's waterways is super.  Thanks much for sharing your hard work Doug.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Doug Linn scenery
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »
Thank you ... it was a lot of fun too.  I didn't realize those "wave anomalies" were so bad on the Wilson River ... And Xavier had built the beautiful Wilson River Lodge, and we had two cabins up at Wilson Lake, so Wilson River seemed the perfect solution to connect them. Then I ran the river and hit the anomalies.  There's one, that practically no one will get "over" safely, I did once, but was lucky.   The waterfall at Big Fall was something else.  That's the only waterfall I've found in our area, and it is really there. So one MUST somehow use it. .. but then you look at the "anomaly of it" and say ... ok, now what?  So making the "side falls" seemed a possibility ... and I think it worked.  That's what makes some of thee a lot of fun. You sit there looking at the "impossible" and somehow, get lucky and figure out how to make it work.  What is really amazing is the Instant Scenery package ... it lets you "cobble together" things and alter things so they "seem" different.

Glad you enjoy it ... it was a lot of fun doing it. By the way the "last tweaks on it" were last night around 10. Some buoys around the helipads.   Thanks again

Doug

PS to anyone ... if you see a waterfall or something special out there in terms of a location, send it to us in the PM ... we're always looking for new places ... and in this package there are hundreds probably none of us have seen yet.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Doug Linn scenery
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
Doug,

I had a go at the waterfall next to Hunter Bay Cannery when I did that scenery. Don't remember if I left it as it was done by me or if I just let the default one stay. Have a look. I'm sure you'll be able to improve upon whatever I did. Big Hydro is fantastic.

Brad