Author Topic: FStarter w/RTMM POIs - how to make them work for a Grumman Goose?  (Read 2587 times)

kronovan

First of all I wanted to thank whoever made the POIs for FStarter - great job!

I've been having problems using the POIs with FStarter when I'm flying Big Radial's JRF-6B Goose. For some of the locations, my goose is stranded on the sand/gravel like a beached orca. I'm wondering if there's a way to edit the LAT & LONG for the locations on the fly - no pun intended? In FStarter I can only see a way to edit the Heading and Altitude for POIs. I have tried playing around with those 2 valuse, but it doesn't make a difference. As well, lowering or raising the gear on the Goose doesn't' make a difference.

Since MSFS appears to be detecting my Goose as if its beached, trying to do a push back doesn't work either. I have that fan-made AmbitiousPilots Toolbar Pushback in my \Community folder and it lists as successfully installed. Alas I don't know how to set it up or use it and the included readme doesn't explain how to.
Any suggestions as to how to get my Gosse un-beached, would be much appreciated.

kaha

Re: FStarter w/RTMM POIs - how to make them work for a Grumman Goose?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 04:35:02 PM »
Just slew it.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

kronovan

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 04:50:57 PM »
Oh man, I think the last time I used slew controls was with FS 2004. Really don't recall how to do it. I'll do a search in Option-Controls for slew and see what I can come up with.

kronovan

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 05:49:43 PM »
I can't successfully slew at least at the Eddystone Rock POI and possibly others. I can enter slew mode there, but none of keys on my num pad allow me to move in any direction, nor do the designated up down keys work. Immediately after trying that I used FStarter to teleport to Helm bay and had no problems slewing. It's weird, like there 's some condition/circumstance (maybe geographical) at Eddystone Rock that cancels out slewing for me?

[Edit] I didn't have time to try another amphib at Eddystone like the DHC-2 Float, but when I'm back at my PC I'll give that a try.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 05:53:41 PM by kronovan »

kronovan

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 03:30:43 PM »
I tried today to use FStarter to teleport to Eddystone Rock in the DHC-2 Floats Beaver, but I get an aircraft crash each time. I've tried changing the altitude to different settings, but to no avail. The crash does take a bit longer to occur if the altitude is increased to 6', but still occurs. It's interesting, because I don't experience aircraft crashes with the JRF Goose - just get stuck in place.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 03:32:16 PM by kronovan »