Author Topic: [Windy Things] Problem Applying the Latest USGS and POW Flag Update  (Read 1149 times)

kronovan

Hello all - been away for a while, but are once again flying the skies of BC and AK.

I noticed all the updates for the scenery since I last flew arround Mysty's Place, So I've been copying in the new folders and removing the old from my \Community folder.  Everyting went well and I love the look of the new PF20 Misty's Place - great job!

The one snag I've run into is when doing the update for the new USGS and POW flag updates for the Windy Things content. I copied the 4 new folders and made the required appends to the layout.json and sim.cfg files. The result is that when I run MSFS and check content under my profile, Windy Things is no longer being installed. I believe the problem is my misunderstanding what's stated in the readme (readME sim and layout.cfg) file. The readme has this text:

"Copy the models and textures too the tsr-windy-things\SimObjects\misc\tsr-flags folder and,
add this too your sim.cfg and adjust the [fltsim. 000] to the following next number

[fltsim.110]
title=tsr-POW-MIA_flag
model=POW-MIA
texture=POW-MIA

[fltsim.111]
title=tsr-USCG_flag
model=USCG
texture=USCG"

In particular, I'm not sure what's required by this: "add this too your sim.cfg and adjust the [fltsim. 000] to the following next number"

Firstly I need to know if the sim.cfg file is the one located in the \Community\tsr-windy-things\SimObjects\misc\tsr-flags folder? Secondly, if that is in fact the correct CFG file, I don't have a [fltsim. 000] entry in that file, just a [fltsim. 0]. The last text block I have in my sim.cfg is:

"[fltsim.611]
title=tsr-ZWE_flag_nopole
model=ZWE_Nopole
texture=ZWE"

So what I did is copy and appended those [fltsim.110] and [fltsim.111] blocks of text into my CFG file and then changed their numbers accordingly to [fltsim.612] and [fltsim.613]. Is that the correct thing to do?

Otherwise I copied the entries from the new layout.json and pasted them in at the end of the current ...\tsr-windy-things\layout.json file. I made sure I only have 1 set of
    ]
}
symbols at the end of the file.

Any help on getting this to work for my install of MSFS 2020 would be much appreciated.

kronovan

Nevermind - just figured it out now as I was rechecking my files. I forgot to add a comma after the previous final "}" symbol in the layout.json. Windy Things is now correctly installing. One freaking comma <sigh>  ::)