Author Topic: The Lighthouses (AK and BC) for RTMM - All redone.  (Read 1090 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
The Lighthouses (AK and BC) for RTMM - All redone.
« on: May 09, 2023, 09:19:40 PM »
Hi ... this is to announce that I have completed the lighthouse project going through all 60+ of them. Thanks to Rod's help, I've been able to pick up SketchUp and can now pretty much build the lighthouses to be very close to the real object.  I have also made some "outbuildings" and miscellaneous components that I've used in the lighthouse locations. 

I had asked Rod much earlier if he could make me "lighthouse pieces" so I could stick the lighthouses together. This was a very naive request on my part. No two of these are alike except for the skeleton towers. Each one has a distinct shape and design. Many are designed with long walkways which I've also added. All of them have working (and lighted) helipads and docks. All come with a fictional ICAO code so you can easily find them. If you are browsing through them, I suggest you use "Gate H" or "Parking H" as those are the helipads, that are closer to the lighthouse structures.

The "manual" downloads for the lighthouses are ready. You would also need the new Part II V1.2 library and an updated Tongass Docks A (Five Finger Lighthouse).  But it might be easier to wait for the coming weekend and Norm will have the express setup ready for you. In the meantime, you can go through the two readme documents I've made for the lighthouses so you can get a feel for the complexity of the process. It was a lot of fun to do, I'll sort of miss working on it. You can download the "readme" pdf documents from the Scenery page under Lighthouses for AK and Lighthouses for BC, and click on the readme buttons.

What's next? I see many planes with Misty Moorings' colors that are in some other threads. So I will now get to work on those and have links set up so they can be easily downloaded. 

Enjoy...
Doug