Author Topic: Express download  (Read 2828 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Express download
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2023, 12:31:34 PM »
THANK YOU,
All those that have contributed advice the Problem is FIXED FIXED FIXED.
The offending file, "Coastline glitch fix" (Partial) by MAPPAMUNDI was the cause of my issues with RTMM.
After rebuilding the OneStore and still finding the problem then it was back to a blank canvas and a process of elimination.
So, I started the Simulation at PAKT to RTMM with everything off except RTMM, NO Problem.
I then slowly introduced utilities back into the Simulation until it caused the issue, and it was the above offending File.
Thanks again, what a wonderful bunch of people you are, not only is RTMM an essential part of my daily obsession, but it's also a remarkable lot of scenery to relax and fly in.

A Special Thanks to Norm and Karl.

Hope this helps others.

Kind Regards
BJ
BJ from Oz

Well BJ glad you got it sorted out.. a tough one... but just a tidbit of key process or info for the next time... As was suggested, the first step is always to turn everything else OFF except the default sim and the pieces that you are questioning and testing. In this case, that would have proved to find that the RTMM stuff with the default sim was all working as intended so there would have been no need to
re-download any of the sim's default content at all. The only task would have been to find the culprit add-ons that was causing the issue. but by searching and isolating add-ons, which takes a while, it can be done.

OLD add-ons that affect terrain or water elevations can really mess up the sim and as you found can sure mess up add-on locations. Mappamundi's glitch fixes are over two 1/2 years old and since that time, there have been many sim updates as well as World updates so best delete these or any similar old fixes from your system. 

All the best and happy flying. Carry on sir!

Norm Et all.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

baxterbj

Re: Express download
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2023, 10:27:06 PM »
Thanks again Norm,

I do try and update every day, so this one escaped me.
I hear you, and thanks.

Regards BJ

BJ from Oz