Author Topic: Express download  (Read 2753 times)

baxterbj

Re: Express download
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2023, 02:12:35 AM »
Hi Norm,

Well after following your directions to the letter.
I now have Misty`s Place, albeit with issues.
I redownloaded the Express installation and started from scratch again.
I now have a few PINK ARTIFACTS be two people in front of Misty`s Place, a couple of pink marks on the roof of buildings, and lots of pink buildings on the island where the water runway meets in front of Misty`s.
I'm at a Loss.
Latest Drivers.
It must be something my end that is clashing.
I have the latest MSFS download store version.

Regards BJ
BJ from Oz
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 07:10:38 AM by baxterbj »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
SIM ISSUE
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2023, 08:24:09 AM »
If you tried RTMM by itself, with no other add-ons turned on (Or nothing else in your community folder),  .. then you should have nothing else except the default sim content and RTMM active? So there should be no clashing. If you didn't run the Default sim + RTMM ONLY, then try it first before proceeding..   

But as soon as you mention PINK!! now I think I get why your sim is not working as intended. It's not your add-on content that is corrupt, it's Asobos Official content! I hate to say it but it sounds like some of your Official content has been corrupted.

This can happened at times, with sim updates etc, whereas existing files are attempted to be overwritten while others deleted and so on during updates, whether these updates are visual or hidden, and depending on the streaming condition at the time of an update can determine file quality: IE: a poor condition fed from the download servers can cause corruption. 

IE: Two updates ago, I started experiencing pink "people" textures, not only on the ground, but also in aircraft etc and I was a at a loss! Some worked but their jackets and headsets were pink!

I took days to search my own add-on content as well re-downloading liveries for aircraft in an effort to restore missing textures.  Well after reading up on it and then contacting an admin on the MSFS official forum, found out it was most likely a result of either missing or corrupt textures in the Asobo Official content and not my own add-on content. 

In my case, with PINK people, it was suggested to delete the official content folder 
 \Official\Onestore\asobo-simobjects-characters
.. and upon restart the sim system scans my official content and will re-download any missing - so I did this and voila a new asobo-simobjects-characters folder/and new files were downloaded upon restart.. and PINK was gone! Fixed.

In your case, sounds like not only people textures but also some of the roof and some building object textures have been corrupted and who knows what else after the last update.

Now I think all of those textures come from files in ...Official\OneStore\fs-base\texture and/or
Official\OneStore\ fs-base-material-lib

So what to do? Well, first turn OFF all of your add-ons. and close down the sim and delete some of the official content folders so the sim can rebuilt them with fresh content! 

If you have unlimited internet it would probably be best to re-download all of the official content, if not, then at least some of it, as below, to restore key textures content ...  but who knows to what extent the content has been corrupted?   

As far as the official content is concerned: at least delete these folders: so that they can restored with new/fresh texture content when you start up the sim:

\Official\OneStore\asobo-simobjects-characters
\Official\OneStore\asobo-modellib-buildings
\Official\OneStore\asobo-modellib-texture
\Official\OneStore\fs-base\texture

Try it and hopefully there is no other corruption in the Official content but again, honestly, to eliminate an problems or corruption in your sim, it would be best to renew all of the official content.  (Make sure all other add-ons are off, (Community folder empty).

You could remove all of the official content by deleting the Official\Onestore  FOLDER and when you start the sim it will re-download all of the official content.   

Or you could re-do the full Sim by uninstalling it then reinstalling.   

I know a Pain!! for sure  but it sounds like the problem is in your official content and not your add-ons. 

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

baxterbj

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2023, 06:43:52 AM »
Hi Norm, really appreciate your advice.
Well, I deleted the four files as instructed, MSFS updated but it didn't update the Texture file inside FS-BASE, so I had to put the old texture back in.
The Pink has gone, but it is still hit or miss whether RTMM at Misty`s shows up proper Lanscaping and Buildings.

I may go to the extreme during the week and delete all Official content in Onestore.

Ill let you know how it goes, stability has become an issue now?

Regards BJ
BJ from Oz

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2023, 07:52:43 AM »
Re: fs base\ texture..  Either delete entire fs-base folder or just the layout.json and manifest.json files  in that root folder and that will invoke the sim system to replace all the files in the fs-base folder.
Stability shouldn't be an issue.. as all of the system's required files are intact.

baxterbj

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »
Thanks Norm,
Am about to turn in, will do that tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks again

Regards BJ
BJ from Oz

baxterbj

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2023, 02:35:28 AM »
Well Hi Norm.

Have deleted and regenerated a New FS-Base.
It went okay without a hitch.
RTMM (Misty`s Place) is still a bit of hit and miss.
I can take off from Misty`s Place and fly towards PAKT, ships are showing wake and smoke but ships not visible. Turn and return to Misty`s Place and the buildings are gone.
Sit there for several minutes and they return??????
I'm using Alaska Mesh, is that compatible?
All other parts of the world are working perfect, so to do a full install would not be my choice at all.
I'm hopeful any new updates from the Flight Sim may fix my issues.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Kind Regards
BJ from Oz

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2023, 07:54:08 AM »
Well BJ, where to go from here? Not sure. Uninstall all of the Official content and reinstall? Or is something messed up in your version of rtmm? or Pakt? Or is it something messed in your settings? 
Do yo have the current version of Mesh?

The idea of testing to fix a specific problem is that you have to have everything else turned OFF to find the actual problem. So in your case, just turn RTMM Misty's ON, the libs, that's it. and fly to PAKT... then if the stuff is ok at PF20? hopefully you know and establish that buildings work without issue and they stay! ?? Maybe?? So Mesh off,   Then start adding other addons back in... like add the mesh to see it that messes it up... and if so then you know that it was the mesh! 

Anyways, have to isolate the one problem... then go from there...

I'm heading out of town this week (leaving in half an hour) but will follow the post for any update.

Norm

baxterbj

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2023, 08:14:47 PM »
Hi Norm,
Deleted One Store, it rebuilt over 24 hours.
I take off from PAKT to Misty`s, smoke coming from buildings that should be there, I have a runway, and a Cessna, but No buildings.
I take off from Misty`s, I HAVE a runway and Buildings, I circle back, have Runway, smoke from missing buildings, then when I land, buildings and infrastructure regenerate??????
This can range from 1 to 5 minutes????????
In all the years I have used RTMM, this time I am completely at a loss.
I really have no idea what is causing this????

Kind Regards BJ

BJ from Oz
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 03:08:54 AM by baxterbj »

kaha

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2023, 06:23:32 AM »
With the OneStore folder rebuilt the problem probably is with the Community folder. You could try to:

- rename your community folder to something else so the sim will not find it any more
- create a new Community folder
- copy all RTMM folders from the RTMM .zip file to the Community folder

Maybe you have done that already, still, just want to mention it.

Good luck,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

baxterbj

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2023, 07:38:01 PM »
Thanks Karl,

Yes, I believe I have tried this, but will have another shot at it today.

Regards BJ

baxterbj

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2023, 01:09:02 AM »
THANK YOU,
All those that have contributed advice the Problem is FIXED FIXED FIXED.
The offending file, "Coastline glitch fix" (Partial) by MAPPAMUNDI was the cause of my issues with RTMM.
After rebuilding the OneStore and still finding the problem then it was back to a blank canvas and a process of elimination.
So, I started the Simulation at PAKT to RTMM with everything off except RTMM, NO Problem.
I then slowly introduced utilities back into the Simulation until it caused the issue, and it was the above offending File.
Thanks again, what a wonderful bunch of people you are, not only is RTMM an essential part of my daily obsession, but it's also a remarkable lot of scenery to relax and fly in.

A Special Thanks to Norm and Karl.

Hope this helps others.

Kind Regards
BJ
BJ from Oz
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 03:39:23 AM by baxterbj »

kaha

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2023, 02:24:00 AM »
BJ, this is good to hear!

Cheers,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2023, 07:15:49 AM »
Hi ..

Use MSFSADDON LINKER . https://fr.flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

With this you switch off or switch on all Addons to your Community ..

easy to do without renaming Community ..

Patou
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Dieter

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2023, 10:59:32 AM »
The free Addons_Linker tool is the be-all and end-all of a successful and organized integration of additional sceneries into the MSFS!
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

baxterbj

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2023, 10:04:24 PM »
Patou and Dieter,

Thank you for the advice of Addon_Linker, that's what i was using.
that's what made the fix so much easier.

Regards BJ