Author Topic: Big Radials Norseman is out!  (Read 1186 times)

rallymodeller

• MFC1057: CYZR represent!
Big Radials Norseman is out!
« on: April 07, 2023, 06:30:27 AM »
Just like the title says. Picked it up a couple of hours after it was released -- what makes you think I was really waiting for it?  ;D

https://bigradials.com/products/big-radials-the-norseman

A few glitches showed up on a test flight, but no show stoppers. Still worth the money.

You get 3 versions: normal wheel, tundra wheel, and floats. Livery wise there's a beat-up yellow "Chino Air Service" CF-KNO, RCMP blue-and-yellow CF-MPL, "Captains Of The Clouds" CF-HGO movie plane, a USAAF C-64, a Swedish Air Force example in very lurid orange, and a generic civilian one.
"Clouds may look like fluffy cotton candy, but they often contain a crunchy centre"

kaha

Re: Big Radials Norseman is out!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 07:16:57 AM »
Nice! I'm considering.

What are the glitches?

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

rallymodeller

• MFC1057: CYZR represent!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 09:15:54 AM »
Nice! I'm considering.

What are the glitches?

Karl

Basically visual. When looking at the plane from default Chase view the interior is just transparent, as if the model isn't there. It appears if you zoom in, though. The prop does this weird 1/3 fast 2/3 slow rotation thing that is a little irritating, and the dock lights on the floats flicker like they have a short-circuit no matter what the switch position or battery condition is. Water behaviour is fairly bad as well (lots of bouncing), but that seems to be more an SU12 effect than anything else, as it affects most waterborne planes.
"Clouds may look like fluffy cotton candy, but they often contain a crunchy centre"

kaha

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 10:11:56 AM »
Thank you. When flying I sit in the cockpit anyway, so this is no problem for me. Maybe I get it right away.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020