Author Topic: Trouble with latest MSFS update and Misty's Place  (Read 1300 times)

gavinc

Trouble with latest MSFS update and Misty's Place
« on: March 27, 2023, 08:18:14 PM »
Hi,
Newish MSFS user but long time fan of RTMM in FSX and P3D.

I had RTMM working fine in MSFS until the latest MSFS update. I went to fly into Mistys place and discovered the end of the runway was under water.

I popped over here and noticed there was an updated set of files 03-22-2023 so I downloaded them and installed.

Now when I enable Mistys Place (using addon linker), I can create a flight (to anywhere, from anywhere) and the sim gets 1/2 way thru the load screen and hangs.

I initially had the entire RTMM package enabled and discovered the issue. Disabling all add-ons the sim was fine - I eventually narrowed it down to the RTMM package.

I have the following RTMM files enabled
EDHK_Lights_and_Objects_Dev_pack_1.0.8
rtmm-ai-boats-msfs-v0.2.3
TSR-windy-things
z_rtmm-effect-library-v2.00
z_rtmm-jj-alaska-ai-plane-objects-v1.02
z_rtmm-objectlib-part-2-v1.0
z_rtmm-objectlib-v0.5.1
z_rtmm-test-object-library-v1.9

With only those activated the sim loads fine
if I enable
rmm-airport-pf20-mistysplace-v1.1
the sim crashes

Notam - as I was typing this I tried disabling Mistys Place and enabling El Capitan Lodge - same result of the sim hanging.

Anyone any idea what is happening?

Thanks
Gavin

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Trouble with latest MSFS update and Misty's Place
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 10:04:48 AM »
Hi there Gavin:

Firstly, as a notam: when you go into your sim and on the world map, make sure you always change the aircraft or change the livery of the aircraft that shows in the aircraft box.
(Some experience s periodic NULL value and as a result the sim hangs when trying to load a flight if the aircraft has not been changed (or if the livery of an existing aircraft that is displayed in the aircraft window has not been changed).

Ok.. in your sim.. (assuming you have the store version)

GO TO: 

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Delete FOLDER > SceneryIndexes
Delete File > FlightSimulator.CFG
Delete File > ROLLINGCACHE.CCC (If you use a rolling cache)

Restart the sim.. (The above will be recreated upon sim start up). That should fix you up!

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 01:35:26 PM »
Though my sim loads and functions fine, I am seeing that Misty's Place has been affected by the SU12 update. The update seems to have caused elevation issues resulting in both missing water in the channels and flooding at the end of the runway on the South end which is shown in Gavin's picture.

The team will need to look into this.

Rod
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:34:10 PM by stiletto2 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 01:38:36 PM »
Yep am seeing it too at PF20... after SU12.

gavinc

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 06:34:28 PM »
Hi there Gavin:

Firstly, as a notam: when you go into your sim and on the world map, make sure you always change the aircraft or change the livery of the aircraft that shows in the aircraft box.
(Some experience s periodic NULL value and as a result the sim hangs when trying to load a flight if the aircraft has not been changed (or if the livery of an existing aircraft that is displayed in the aircraft window has not been changed).

Ok.. in your sim.. (assuming you have the store version)

GO TO: 

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Delete FOLDER > SceneryIndexes
Delete File > FlightSimulator.CFG
Delete File > ROLLINGCACHE.CCC (If you use a rolling cache)

Restart the sim.. (The above will be recreated upon sim start up). That should fix you up!

Norm

Thanks Norm
That fixed the crash issue.

It also fixed the flooding at the end of PF20s runway.

Gavin

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 09:33:15 PM »
Good Gavin.. glad that fixed up your sim.   

As far as PF20, just found out that MSFS SU12 has changed the terraforming which is effecting some scenery.   (Rod advised on this).. So there is some anomalies at PF20.. Flooding at one end whereas the water canal from the bay to the NE end of the airstrip is missing some water - like the canal has dried up in a section!! Doug is looking at it.

gavinc

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 12:45:26 PM »
Good Gavin.. glad that fixed up your sim.   

As far as PF20, just found out that MSFS SU12 has changed the terraforming which is effecting some scenery.   (Rod advised on this).. So there is some anomalies at PF20.. Flooding at one end whereas the water canal from the bay to the NE end of the airstrip is missing some water - like the canal has dried up in a section!! Doug is looking at it.

As I said - clearing the cache seemed to fix the flooding issue at PF20, not sure about the canal.

Ignore that - just booted up MSFS again and the flooding is back at Misty's place - guess I better get an amphibian.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 07:43:34 PM by gavinc »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 11:33:29 AM »
Gavin .. a new Misty's Place PF20 is in the final stages. We saw the canal get "filled in" with the latest Asobo update. We have completely rebuilt PF20 from the ground up. You can see it in another thread here on the forum.  Thank you for the heads up. Often there is a small fix we can make, but in this case, the update made the fix impossible and we had to redo Misty's Place. However, as with most things, when you rebuild, you rebuild better. We've learned a lot of new tricks since we first put in Mistys Place in FS2020, and all of them have been applied to the new (soon) location.