Author Topic: Back from the wilderness... again!  (Read 1399 times)

Beardgoblin

Back from the wilderness... again!
« on: February 02, 2023, 07:21:30 PM »
So it's been a minute, but I'm back in the sim-seat.  Still updating, re-familiarising, catching up on the latest developments, all that stuff.

Here's a pic from late 21, my then shiney and new BN2 Islander (Blackbox), in a moody sky over quelcertoleo's Sitka.

And a bit of an oddity - earlier this evening I was doing some dawn flying (the old MSFS Time Machine!) PAKT>PANT in the DHC-2, getting a feel for it, when I heard a familiar name over the radio:

https://imgur.com/a/16cpSzN  (10 sec video with audio).

Did I accidentally stumble into a multi-player game (I didn't think I had that set to default, but there's been a big chunk of updates, I better check my settings for any 'resets'!), or did someone sneak a cheeky name-check into one of the RTMM add-ons (which I spent most of my Monday evening updating)?

An amusing surprise, either way!
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.

Beardgoblin

Re: Back from the wilderness... again!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 02:08:43 PM »
Something a bit more recent - RTMM livery on the Savage Cub, heading north from PANT to PAKT earlier this week:

Still got he 'fair weather' on whilst I get back to grips with things.
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 05:19:02 PM »
Pretty pics!! Welcome back from the wilderness!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Beardgoblin

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 10:30:00 AM »
Cheers Norm, good to be back.

Though I may have picked the wrong day to activate live weather...

I have the Parallel 42 Campout addon (through Orbx), so luckily I can make shelter anywhere whilst I wait out this weather.

Misty Moorings sure are aptly named!
The New Rig: