Author Topic: required payware  (Read 1944 times)

skip d

required payware
« on: January 17, 2023, 07:51:01 AM »
HI I'm Skip....newbe
I've been eager to add RTMM since cruising the Sitka area.
But I noticed in the install section....that this program 'requires' several paywares from ORBYX.
Checking out their prices kinda hit me hard moneywise !!!
Is it mandatory to have that ORBYX payware to make the installation work ??
Thanks
Skip D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: required payware
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 09:08:09 AM »
Welcome Skip!  For FSX/P3D users, all of the RTMM sceneries are built on the Tongass freeware and the 3 ORBX payware regions.  They are required to see the scenes as they are meant to look in each of the areas.  It is important to note, however, that you can install all of the RTMM sceneries and then just add Tongass and maybe one of the Orbx regions like PFJ since it shares a border with Tongass.  That would give you a large area to fly in while you stay out of the areas where you don't have the payware regions installed yet.  Later, you can add the next payware region when you have funds etc. 

So, the RTMM sceneries will all install but will not look right in the areas where you have not yet installed the regions. 

Rod

skip d

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 10:32:24 PM »
Hi Rod....
Thanks for the well informed answer !!
I'll get everything set up as per the tutorial....and then purchase the area you recommended.
When we flew into Juneau....that was a sight to forever remember....and I'd like to re-create it
with my P3Dv5.3.
Skip D

Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 08:40:08 AM »
Hi Skip,

Sometimes Orbx has a sale. If at that time you are interested you can maybe purchase the additional regions.

Enjoy your Juneau approach!