Author Topic: Need help filing PIREP  (Read 1896 times)

jstanbro

Need help filing PIREP
« on: January 04, 2023, 12:42:02 PM »
Hi!
I completed flight leg MFCT00214-6A0 - Pelly Crossing (CFQ6) to Dawson (CYDA) last night and Cigar Box said that it had filed the flight.  It shows up under my flights but on the tour page the leg is not completed (it still says "Details".)
I tried to file a manual flight plan this morning using the number above as well as using #21357-MFD33571 as listed under Recent Reports on the web site home page, but I can't find a number that the form will accept as my flight number.
I need some help with this so I can move forward. Dawson is REALLY cold in January and I don't want to be stuck here forever!

Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Need help filing PIREP
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:27:44 PM »
Hi!
I completed flight leg MFCT00214-6A0 - Pelly Crossing (CFQ6) to Dawson (CYDA) last night and Cigar Box said that it had filed the flight.  It shows up under my flights but on the tour page the leg is not completed (it still says "Details".)
I tried to file a manual flight plan this morning using the number above as well as using #21357-MFD33571 as listed under Recent Reports on the web site home page, but I can't find a number that the form will accept as my flight number.
I need some help with this so I can move forward. Dawson is REALLY cold in January and I don't want to be stuck here forever!

Jerry

The single flight legs (IE: MFCT00214-6A0) although they mimic tour leg routes do not contribute to the actual tour legs. The tour legs can only be generated from inside the said tour by generating bids for the legs one by one.

As it has been from the onset of MFC, progression in the tour can only be done by generating the tour legs from within the said tour, loading each tour leg one by one from within Cigar Box, flying them, then filing the flight from cigar box after the flight has been completed.

From within the tour, tour leg one is generated, .. once flown and filed, only then will leg two be available  to you to be able to generate the bid, and fly.. Once leg two is flown and pirep filed, only then will leg 3 of that tour be generated and so forth until each leg of the tour has been flown. Once the last leg of the tour has been filed/completed, only then is that tour complete and subsequent completion award issued. 

Jerry, you have flown many many tours and all work the exact same way. All to say, the single legs in no way contribute to or are a part of the actual tour legs.

Reference: Cigar Manual Section 8, Pages 9-10-11 on the full process and progression of the tour legs.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jstanbro

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 01:25:29 PM »
Quote from nbrich1:
 "The tour legs can only be generated from inside the said tour by generating bids for the legs one by one."

I did that, yet the tour legs did not advance when Cigar Box filed the pirep. Don't know why. Sorry.
Jerry

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 03:18:10 PM »
Oh Jerry.. (You just referenced that flight #.. (But didn't file that way- you actually did bid with the tour..). Now I get it.. working on it..

Not sure why Jerry, could have been timing as I had to purge some older data, (cache stuff), including bids generated but never flown and if you also had a bid loaded in your cigar box and flew that was part purged, filing would not progress as the bids were purged on the tour. Long story but makes sense to me now why your leg would not progress on the tour..

Anyways, got you progressed over leg 6 and next leg- Leg 7 is now open to you..     
CYDA Dawson to PAEA Eagle

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Norm
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:49:13 PM by nbrich1 »

jstanbro

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 05:15:18 PM »
No problem Norm! I appreciate your help and all of the work you do for the rest of us!  I just finished flying it again and all went according to plan.
Thanks,
Jerry

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 09:57:51 PM »
Ok Jerry. Thanks and glad all is in order and progressing as per.. lol..