Author Topic: Anybody Like Biplanes.  (Read 7897 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
Anybody Like Biplanes.
« on: June 11, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
well if you do the best one i,ve found that has been converted for FSX is Tim Conrads waco UPF-7...a free download on flightsim.com. the link is here.

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=WACOUPF7.ZIP

This was my introduction to aviation when i was a young lad my uncle had a beautifull restored WACO down in florida so i got to fly along over the everglades with it..and the perspective from the VC cockpit is spot on to what i remember it to be like ...Make a great low and slow flyer just be carefull landing in those rough airfields, you wouldent want to break a leg.....Waco "Ask any pilot" 8)

jstanbro

Re: Anybody Like Biplanes.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
Thanks! For some strange reason I didn't have that one.  Piglet's planes are always great looking and great flying, so I never pass on one.  Ant's Tiger Moth is also an excellent freeware biplane and a lot of fun to fly. It's at:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/tigermoth.html

Jerry
"The hardest thing about flying is the ground." - Charles Kingford-Smith

fltsimguy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 02:07:33 AM »
Thanks for this heads up.  I had it in fs2004 and I had no bi-planes in FSX until you just mentioned it.

I just did a flight using the plane in southern australia at dawn.  Beautiful.  I could feel the wind on my face.
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
Thanks Wedge, just grabbed it.  Like others I had it in FS9 too.   I have Ant's Tiger Moth but the Waco is a fine aircraft as well.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
Downloading now.  Loved it in FS9.  Thanks for the HU Wedge.
 8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
why the waco is only found over at flightsim.com i dont know thats why it slipped through the cracks...dont forget to search for the repaints too ! there are about 3 or 4 that look real nice and if we do a biplane flight over the main island at ketchikan you,ll want to see those liveries also...i,m not hinting at anything ...just saying maybe  ::) a biplane flight this thursday night isent totally out of the question 8)

WeDGe

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:18 AM »
Its definatly gonna be a upf 7 flight this thursday night so get it installed , and dont forget the repaints......

and this ones exciting
&feature=related

and hold your ears for this one
&feature=related
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:05:35 AM by WeDGe »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »
Interesting videos but could somebody loan these guys a tripod?  I'm an old geezer but I am certain I could hold a video camera more steady that that!
 8)
Later,

Spud

alexf

• My photogallery
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
I have Ant's Tiger Moth and the old Stearman converted to FSX. Both excellent.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »
why the waco is only found over at flightsim.com i dont know thats why it slipped through the cracks...dont forget to search for the repaints too ! there are about 3 or 4 that look real nice and if we do a biplane flight over the main island at ketchikan you,ll want to see those liveries also...i,m not hinting at anything ...just saying maybe  ::) a biplane flight this thursday night isent totally out of the question 8)

I grabbed the 3 FSX repaints so that will give me 4 more things to wait to load when I "select aircraft"!
 :o
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »
Heads Up! on the FSX repaints on Flightsim.com.
I downloaded the 3 repaints for the UPF7 that are available and after struggling through the most GAWD AWFUL convoluted method of adding these repaint I find out the author has made two errors on top of making the adding of the repaints much more difficult than it should be.

I downloaded:
1.  upf7fr.zip
2.  upf7rd.zip
3.  upf7rp.zip

the upf7fr has two different problems.  The first is only that one of the screen shots in the zip is wrong, the 2008-2-16 xxxxxxxx is of the wrong airplane for the texture. 

The second error is in the read me first text file.  In the portion of text you have to copy and paste into the aircraft.cfg file.  The very first line starts with a double bracket, just delete the first bracket, following that it says [[fltsim.3]  it should read [fltsim.XX] and you change the XX to the next number in order in the aircraft.cfg file

The upf7rd.zip is ok with no errors.

The upf7rp has an error in the read me first text file.  In the portion of text you have to copy and paste into the aircraft.cfg file.  The line that reads:

texture = tr
SHOULD READ texture = rp

In the A/C selection screen the repaints are listed as Civil Registry 3, 4, and 5.

rp=3
fr=4
rd=5

Good Luck ya'll
 8)
KISS!
Barnyard Repaints
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:14:22 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
I was just gona say i cant figure out what the hec..i hate when they make you copy and overwrite like that .i,ll straiten it out before the flight ..tks for the corrections. 8)

WeDGe

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:23 AM »
thanks for the quick fix spud ..all repaints are working after deleting the extra bracket for the one and changing the name to texture rp for the other..see ya thursday night at (pm..wedger