Author Topic: SUPPLY DELIVERY FROM 5KE TO 19P  (Read 1353 times)

shermank

SUPPLY DELIVERY FROM 5KE TO 19P
« on: July 13, 2022, 08:22:38 AM »
After loading up my small Piper 18 I took off, flying rather low because of clouds ahead. My first stop was Kasaan, where the locals were waiting for my arrival

After my water takeoff, the next stop was Thorne Bay...there it is dead ahead

Things were fairly routine as I continued on my route, until the sky began to darken with some possibly troubling clouds ahead. As I flew closer, I realized I could easily fly low enough to avoid any conditions threatening VFR

The weather cleared in a short while as I passed over North Whale. There was no need to stop since the settlement was not on my delivery list

After that it was a continuing flight West until I reached open water and followed the coast up toward Port Protection. It was one of those flights where enjoying the scenery reminded me why I went to flight school so long ago

Approaching my destination, reality hit...from the real world..my computer clutched and froze...It was a pleasant flight, even though I could not file a Cigar Box PIREP. Oh well, so it goes...:-)
Thanks for reading.

Sherm

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: SUPPLY DELIVERY FROM 5KE TO 19P
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 08:43:00 AM »
Fun flight Sherm.. thanks for the trip.
As far as cigar box is concerned, use the charter option and define the flight: aircraft, departure and destination and the route. It will capture the flight from A to Z with any stopovers or intermediate landings also recorded. When finished the flight file the cigar box log/pirep in the usual manner and it will be forwarded to the site.

Norm
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:47:24 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

shermank

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 08:59:27 AM »
Hi NOrm,

I had the flight loaded in CB...not a problem. The problem was more techie...I went into options to change a weather setting, reducing clouds in the VC setting, and the computer froze...my fault, not CB...thanks for your comments.

Sherm

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 03:40:01 AM »
Nice trip Sherm

For your frozzen PC look your prob with whocrashed : here https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

it's a little utility that explain the prob .

also an other tip be sur your resolution is the same in windows and Simu ""  graphics part ""

Good Week-End

Patou
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

shermank

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 08:22:27 AM »
Nice trip Sherm

For your frozzen PC look your prob with whocrashed : here https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

it's a little utility that explain the prob .

also an other tip be sur your resolution is the same in windows and Simu ""  graphics part ""

Good Week-End

Patou

Thanks Patou,

I think this was a problem that may have been related to VC clouds. Changing a setting in mid flight was apparently not a very good move on my part. As for matching resolution in the sim and NVC, I always keep them the same..

Sherm