Author Topic: 3rd Party Mesh issues after SU9  (Read 1385 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
3rd Party Mesh issues after SU9
« on: June 02, 2022, 11:11:52 AM »
NOTAM MSFS users.

A new mesh issue has come up after SU9. Asobo have adjusted terrain or from my understanding changed the parameters of how terrain is displayed, which doesn't match the 3rd Party Mesh issues out there.
IE: DEM for Europe, NZ, Alaska etc causing terrain issues and this issue, from my understanding, effects the entire world wherever 3rd party mesh is being used. 

For now, best to leave all mesh off for now and hopefully they'll fix the terrain issues in SU10?

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: 3rd Party Mesh issues after SU9
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2022, 06:43:17 AM »
Thanks, Norm!

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 11:29:27 AM »
Amazing, the ORBX AK Mesh really can mess up what we have. As an example check TF18 with and without the mesh. Norm is correct, turn off the mesh.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
The last sim update ruined the Orbx Alaska Mesh.. but now hopefully the terrain issues have now corrected in the latest new version (v1.2.0) release of the Orbx Mesh for Alaska.

Norm

Restless

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 07:50:32 AM »
I am being to redo my SPBs lately, sofar it wasn' t an problem but begin off this week I was redoing Ocean Falls (CAH2), because they changed the terrain you won' t seeing that much off mountains when you are there comparing before the latest USA update. So I started the sim in developers mode and activate my scenery in the sim and it brought back up Update 2 mesh where all the mountains where appearing before the latest update after redoing my scenery I compiled it and activated it and all docks and so on were of the height I gave them, after changing three times I decided to add an water polygon too get an height which is acceptable and everything is almost where it has to be but still not perfect, some materials are still not correct but I decided for now too leave it this way. So bassicly there are now two different meshes at some places in the USA and will messed things up.
Now I will see what happens for the rest off my made sceneries, fingers crossed.

Jan
Jan de Jong

YoYo

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 07:16:54 AM »
Hi, what do you think about compability of 3th party Mesh from ORBX with new RTMM sceneries for MSFS?

https://orbxdirect.com/product/na-alaska-mesh-msfs

They work together without issues?
For example, I tested 7AK2 and saw that few objects (like cars for example) are over the ground. Could it be issue of using by me Alaska Mesh from ORBX addon?

Webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 07:35:49 AM »
The latest version v1.2.0 release of the Orbx Mesh for Alaska is supposed to fix most of the anomalias caused by SU9. but would think that nothing is perfect. But after flying around after SU9 and after the WU10 2nd USA world update, things look pretty nice without any mesh add-on.

Restless

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 07:46:43 AM »
Hi YoYo,

For what I know is that there alot of places in the USA using mesh from USA WU2 and USA WU10 mixed in between, so this should be sorted by Asobo.
I see this if I am in developers mode at some places, if the developer had made his scenery before USA WU10 it is likely that the height for some objects are off and he has too adjust that.

I do not know about the ORBX mesh but if that also is distorted then ORBX have to deal with it, I quess.
Jan de Jong

Airtrooper

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
I'm gonna jump in here to add my insight...

I believe the Orbx mesh for Alaska uses the best available DEM for the state, which also happens to be freely available for anyone. This means two things:

• Anyone with the knowledge, time and computing power could reproduce what Orbx made and release it themselves (e.g. freeware)
  • Asobo hired bunch of new people specifically to continually search for and process free DEM around the world. This means that if they haven't already done so they will get to the free Alaska DEM, process it and update the scenery for free, thus making the Orbx product redundant (I anticipate the same while happen with other Orbx mesh around the world, given time)

FWIW I for one will no longer buy any Orbx mesh products unless I specifically want the region which is covered right away... otherwise I'll simply wait and save my money.

Andy[/list]