Author Topic: FSX/P3D pilots: what will make you move to MSFS  (Read 1890 times)

Simicro

• France
FSX/P3D pilots: what will make you move to MSFS
« on: May 17, 2022, 02:56:25 PM »
Hi all,

I have P3Dv4.5 but have not used it for a while, following an absence. Laterly I reinstalled FSX to enjoy TFX, FlyTampa Grenadines and St Marteen, RealAir Scout & SF-260, some of them not being (fully) compatible with P3D.

Of course I am aware that MSFS is the future and that one day I will have to make the move.

In my case, the trigger will be: 1) A new PC 2) A high-end G/A aircraft that I like, since regarding airliners PMDG has just released the 737. By high-end aicraft, I mean A2A, RealAir (that very sadly ceased activity) level. Unfortunately also, A2A will not release anything anytime soon in my understanding. Yes, I know there are some 'good' payware aircraft out there (eg. JustFlight Piper). But I'm picky and have never been a fan of good but excellent aircrafts.

How about you guys if you have not MSFS yet? Do you plan to make the move to MSFS and what will be the trigger(s)? If you plan to stay on your current flightsim, no problem, no questions asked, all sims are valid ;D I have the impression that there are many mature people in this community, so I trust this thread will not turn into a Sim X vs Sim Y discussion. Thanks.

PS: on a side note, this forum description says 'General discussion area for Return to Misty Moorings content. Please keep conversations on-topic.' But I can see that there are all kind of topics: holidays, drivers, sims, scenery, jokes... so I hope I posted in the right forum.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 04:00:16 PM by Simicro »
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Re: FSX/P3D pilots: what will make you move to MSFS
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 06:02:36 PM »
PS: on a side note, this forum description says 'General discussion area for Return to Misty Moorings content. Please keep conversations on-topic.' But I can see that there are all kind of topics: holidays, drivers, sims, scenery, jokes... so I hope I posted in the right forum.
Yeah, don't worry too much about that, we're pretty casual around here.  ;)  If I see something in the completely wrong category I'll usually just move it, it's not a big deal.

Simicro

• France
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 06:09:47 PM »
I could feel that you guys are casual, but it's good that you confirm it ;)
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

shermank

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 01:37:19 AM »
No MSFS for me until they remove P3D from my…”cold, dead hands “. 🤣

Sherm

Simicro

• France
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 05:44:32 AM »
 ;D
- TONY -

Rangerick

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »
I lost all respect for Microsoft when they abruptly stopped FSX development !!

I never did like X-Plane; So I switched to P3D.

With tons of $$$ already invested in P3D compatible add-ons, PFC Flight controls, MFG Crosswind pedals, GoFlight modules etc... and everything works REALLY well.

I doubt that I will ever move to MSFS. 

I agree with the previous post: "No MSFS for me until they remove P3D from my…”cold, dead hands “

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 02:24:11 PM »
Hello i Have P3D v4 and V5.2 for all addon i bought and all Misty scenery also tongas Fjord ..
the 2 are own disk SSD

and all liner PMDG are  top ...

on another SSD i have MSFS 2020 .
for the visual country VFR ...

That all for me .

[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]