Author Topic: Looking for an addon related to cargo missions  (Read 1842 times)

Simicro

• France
Looking for an addon related to cargo missions
« on: May 15, 2022, 05:02:31 AM »
Hello,

I am looking for the name of an addon that has the following features. Please keep in mind that my memory can fail (facts were 10 years+ ago). So some data below might be not correct.

1. The addon is related to cargo missions
2. It was rather bush flying oriented, but maybe not exclusively
3. It was for FS2002, FS2004 or FSX?
4. It is not FSEconomy, Air Hauler, or Cargo Pilot unless the addon I recall has dramatically evolve
5. FSAddon Publishing or François Dumas was involved?
6. I remember a video showing a Bush or GA aircraft taxiing on a parking towards a pile of crates. Then a menu (defaut FS ATC graphic style) displayed and asked for how many crates to load into the plane and for what destination.

Yeah, I know it sounds like a puzzle but many here are veteran flightsimmers, so maybe it will ring a bell ;)
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Looking for an addon related to cargo missions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 08:57:31 AM »
It was called FS Cargo and was originally released for FS2002 and FS2004. Developed by Mauricio Gavioli and released by FSAddon. Unfortunately, it never reached release for FSX. It would've been named FS Cargo X. But because Mauricio stopped developing it and went off the radar back in 2010, it never came to be.

It was a unique product and I used to use it all the time. I loved being able to pull up to your pick-up and see a package waiting for you on the dock or tarmac. Very cool.

Brad

Simicro

• France
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 11:04:44 AM »
FS Cargo, that is, I believe. Mauricio Gavioli rings the bell for me. Many thanks Brad. So unfortunately it never reached release for FSX... As I recall, unlike more recent software (FSEconomy, Air Hauler, Cargo Pilot), FS Cargo was simpler and bush oriented, right?
- TONY -

FSX-MS l Tongass Fjords X l FlyTampa Grenadines & StMaarten l RealAir Scout & SF-260 l ChasePlane l FSUIPC l FSTramp l FS Force l Win 10 l i5 4670K 4.3 Ghz l RAM 32 Gb l GTX 1080 l CH Fighterstick modded with a MS FF2 base l VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

Penzoil3

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 10:12:28 AM »

Simicro

• France
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 03:09:17 PM »
I don't have MSFS yet, but thanks for the link  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 03:21:04 PM by Simicro »
- TONY -

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 09:17:13 PM »
NEOFly is great and a lot of fun. It doesn't make use of objects on the dock or tarmac like FS Cargo used to do, but it's very good and I use it a lot in MSFS.

Brad

Simicro

• France
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 04:25:24 AM »
Thanks for your feedback Brad.
- TONY -