Author Topic: Problems with Kacars  (Read 1480 times)

cro

Problems with Kacars
« on: March 15, 2022, 05:11:01 PM »
At least I think. During my flight Z43 => Kwf, at one point, about 20 Mn of flight, MSFS2020 pauses, as indicated on CigarBox, while there is no action on my part. It's been at least 3 times. I checked everything, put the .exe in Admin, no weather or external map.
I made this flight, without CigarBox, without problem. Forced to close 2020 by task manager
Thank you for your help.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz/  GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 ripjaws 2400 / MS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5
LFBX airport

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Problems with Kacars
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 10:09:56 PM »
Cigar Box needs at least the free version of FSUIPC (for MSFS) (v7x) for good connect. (Check that cigar box and FSUIP are run as admin).

But have never seen cigar box causing a sim pause. Unless you are hitting a keybind or controller bind that is pausing the sim ?

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

cro

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 06:32:41 AM »
Thank you for your reply,
I checked my key assignments, installed the latest FSUIPC, and I'm back in the same problem.
The Simmu freezes in pause at about 40% of the flight, impossible to get out of it, closed by task manager. Voluntarily I was on autopilot, and did not touch anything.
But I realize that in the log the last two entries are identical, one of which concerns me: Recovery: Flight saved.
As if the system recovered from a backup.
Surely a bad manipulation on my part, what do you think??

I realize, also that if I select the C172, before loading my flight, cer last puts a gran caravan, automatically. I re-select my C172, then.

Edit: I think I found: In recovery Auto save / Save FS / Resume fs / Pause Fs, were checked.
I unchecked everything, I will confirm after my next flight.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 06:52:06 AM by cro »
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz/  GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 ripjaws 2400 / MS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5
LFBX airport

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 08:46:42 AM »
Now I understand.  Yes that will fix it.

>> Recovery tab >> Settings >>  The top item must be unchecked. It is the auto Save feature.

"Uncheck" Auto Save

"Uncheck" Save FS

SAVE (Blue Disk at bottom)

Close Cigar Box.

Restart Cigar Box for new settings to take affect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference- Cigar Box (ACARS) Manual – v1.2 January 2022 - Page 7, Item 7. Recovery Tab.
(Auto Save - must be unchecked in MSFS2020)

cro

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 09:47:35 AM »
Indeed the problem is solved, and I read that the stops during the flight, were accepted. I took the opportunity to make a stopover at View Cove Dock, because I knew that a French cook had settled there.
I really enjoyed myself with a "veal blanquette" washed down with a Beaujolais. I recommend the restaurant.
P.S. When sending the Pirep I got an error message, I attach the .xml, in case; rename en .txt

LFBX airport

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 11:07:22 AM »
The error is caused by the database not being able to confirm/acknowledge in time to your Cigar box that your pirep has been filed.

So it is best/recommended to do this: 

Right after filing a pirep, go over to the MFC site home page. You should see your pirep showing
Under Recent Reports

As soon as you see it there - this quickly confirms that your pirep has been received by the site and it is safe to close Cigar Box with out a return confirmation being received inside Cigar Box.

Closing cigar box after filing a flight is good practice as it also clears/completes that bid out of the pilot's cue in the system).