Author Topic: Laserclip - TrackIR equivalent  (Read 1450 times)

Stanel

Laserclip - TrackIR equivalent
« on: March 09, 2022, 06:48:21 PM »
I was wondering where to post it and General Discussion have found as the best place.

Recently,I have found very good and very cheap product similar to TrackiR. I bought it and tested. In some aspects it is better than TrackiR in my opinion.
The product is sold by small Polish firm, two persons in fact.
The cost is around 50 - 60 USD without the shipping cost.

Complete set are: laserclip, camera PS3 Eye Frame rate = 75 fps w 640x480 / 120 fps w 320x240, velcro-type fastening squares.
Camera has to be connected to the computer USB but laserclip can be recharged from powerbank or phone charger.

The details you will find on producer website : www.laserclip.pl,
The website is in Polish but there are a lot of photos and I'm sure Uncle Google helps you to translate.

Links on my YT Channel:
- playlist of 4 demo vids
https://youtu.be/R29UGRkuXXI - my full tutorial (in Polish)

If you want to buy it send email to : freetrack.laserclip@gmail.com

I talked to the owner and he needs short time to arrange shipping details, especially outside the Europe, as well as to create instructions and tutorials in English.

If you have any questions don't hesitate and ask.

Posted according Doug's permission.
Stan

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Laserclip - TrackIR equivalent
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 08:41:32 PM »
I contacted them. They are going to send me the actual price and shipping info for USA ($$) tomorrow. When I have it I will post it here for you.

Doug

Dan

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:24:20 PM »
It looks a lot like the TrackIR "TrackClip Pro" which is $35 (just for the clip, you have to already have the TrackIR to use it).  I'm curious how they differ in terms of tracking performance.

If you have the original TrackIR 5 already, I'd say the TrackClip Pro is definitely an option, I love mine.   It looks like the LaserClip uses the same premise, powered LEDs to track.  The original TrackClip that comes with the TrackIR (which has stickers) does indeed suck compared to the Pro version. 

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/accessories/

(This probably sounds like a shill, but I have no affiliation with TrackIR at all, I've just had good experience with their products so I wanted to provide an alternative to those who have TrackIRs already  ;D )

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:59:40 AM by Dan »

kaha

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 05:30:30 AM »
I use the TrackClip Pro and it is amazing.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

Doug

• Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 09:22:09 AM »
I haven't heard back, I will post details for you. But I will be using Dan’s suggestion for $35!