Author Topic: FS2020 - Missing SPBs or Errors  (Read 1003 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
FS2020 - Missing SPBs or Errors
« on: February 08, 2022, 12:46:05 PM »
Hi ...

I'm reflying to many of the places we built. Most are nearly perfect, so no problem. But I do find an occasional problem area that needs fixing. I have a list going on "AnyList" so if you find something out of place or badly "missing" let me know and I'll get it on the list.  (EG ... Missing Point Baker SPB, Point Protection SPB, water up the dock at Naukati Bay SPB etc).

I'm waiting till I have a significant list, then I'll start in (and relearn) FS2020 SDK. Amazing what you forget after a few short months.

Flying the area with "laying snow, clear weather" really is a cold-weather experience.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: FS2020 - Missing SPBs or Errors
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 04:04:13 PM »
A few I noticed on the Aleutian Chain:   Already reported to Zendesk.

KPH Pauloff Harbor SPB (Sanak Island)
KCN Chernofski Harbor SPB (west end of Unalaska Island)

But the Aleutians are very bleak..not much there really.. no scenery- it's very barren chain of islands and barren airport strips with just a streak for a landing strip. The only one that has something might be at Dutch Harbour (PADU). 

(But unless we want to redo every airport on the Aleutians, there is not much bang for the buck!)
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: FS2020 - Missing SPBs or Errors
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 04:17:15 PM »
I put the two lighthouses out there, but I bet nobody goes to see them either, one is 2400 miles from Ketchikan!  I'll probably not play with SPBs on those islands. I was looking at ones nearer to home like Point Baker and Protection Point, etc. Baker is beautifully laid out in Google Earth, so that definitely needs an SPB.

But again also, I'm looking for errors (like the water up the dock at Nukati Bay Dock, those I'll go back and fix for us.