Author Topic: Aircraft not on Ground Error in Cigars  (Read 1829 times)

williamb

Aircraft not on Ground Error in Cigars
« on: January 29, 2022, 09:48:10 PM »
Hello Pilots, I have experienced an error in Cigars I have not seen before.

I just reinstalled Cigars on my FSX Steam setup.  After setting up a flight and moving the Aircraft to the departure Airport, I selected the "Start Flight" in Cigars and a got an "Aircraft not on ground" error.  The air craft was on the runway and as far as I could tell with all three wheels were on the runway.   I would appreciate any ideas/solutions to the problem anyone may have.

Thanks, WilliamB

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Aircraft not on Ground Error in Cigars
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 10:36:12 AM »
Ok Bill..  FSUIPC must be running for connection between Cigar Box and the Sim.. And Cigar Box must be run as admin.  Hopefully that will fix.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 12:33:13 PM »
I experienced this when I had the sim paused at the time CigarBox connected.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

williamb

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 01:48:47 PM »
Thanks for your response Norm,

I will recheck both items.  I thought I selected run as admin. for cigars.  I also had solid green checks on the Cigars screen.  Thought that meant Cigars was connecting with FSX.  How else would one check if FSUIPC is working correctly?

Your work load has increased with all the new pilots and completing the Cigars manual was no small effort.  I used the manual before reinstalling Cigars.

I am comfortable in saying we all appreciate the work you do.

Bill

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 09:02:40 PM »
Thanks for your response Norm,

I will recheck both items.  I thought I selected run as admin. for cigars.  I also had solid green checks on the Cigars screen.  Thought that meant Cigars was connecting with FSX.  How else would one check if FSUIPC is working correctly?

Your work load has increased with all the new pilots and completing the Cigars manual was no small effort.  I used the manual before reinstalling Cigars.

I am comfortable in saying we all appreciate the work you do.

Bill

If you had green and green in cigbar box: (which is the green/connections the database of the site and green -connection to the sim... before starting take a minute longer.. wait for the "Get Flight Data" to go a lighter shade of grey.. then cigar box is ready to go.

And thanks Bill.. In my mind, it's "the more the merrier"... and if more want to fly here even better. And the more that partake and enjoy the flight content the better. Some of this is fun work, other parts might be a tad tedious at times but it's very rewarding to see others coming and enjoying the material in this hobby with us. I have been doing this stuff for a long time and have it down pat for the most part, so more participants is not really more work.  (But the manual was a long time coming!)

Now it shouldn't be a FSUIPC problem, it is a connecting mechanism and usually works without issue if correctly installed. (In FSX-SE the FSUIPC should be installed and show in your modules folder. and accessible via your modules tab and should start each time you fire up the sim.
And if it wasn't working you wouldn't get the bottom FS Controls button showing green in Cigar Box.
So give it a go and let us know if all is ok .. or should say if Not ok..  (I'll know that all is ok as soon as I see a pirep). 

Norm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 09:05:24 PM by nbrich1 »

williamb

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 03:44:55 PM »
Norm,

Thanks for the info. on FSUIPC.  I believe it was is working on my FSX SE installation so I do not know the why of the aircraft not the ground error.  I have been planning to reinstall FSX SE on my Windows 10 machine for other reasons so think I will do that.  In the mean time I will be flying with MFC on my Windows 7 FSX machine.  If I am still having problems with FSX SE and Cigars after the new install; I will get back to you.

The best in the New Year.

Bill

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »
Ok Bill sounds good.

Happy New Year to you too there in NM.

(Coincidentally, I'm flying over your place right now in MSFS and will be ending my flight at KABQ.).

Norm

(For a nice trip in NM - 94E-NM69-1NM0-13NM-NM37-NM68-NM41-83NM-KABQ)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:19:06 PM by nbrich1 »