Author Topic: Where is Doug?  (Read 1673 times)

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
Where is Doug?
« on: January 25, 2022, 07:00:13 AM »
Has Doug retired?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Where is Doug?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 09:17:22 AM »
Nah, I think he is just taking a bit of a break after intense work on the MSFS Lighthouses pieces then right  into the holiday season/traveling etc. We all need a bit of a brain rest! lol
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 10:40:16 PM »
He definitely deserves a good break. I can relate and know I was completely burned out after completing BWEP. I haven't missed placing objects ever since and do not see myself doing that again anytime soon. I hope he can catch that magic again because his work here for MSFS has been stellar.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 04:23:22 PM »
Hi ... it's "me!"  All is well here. I have just been doing some other things than sitting in front of the computer tearing out my hair learning scenery development. Most of the hair has now grown back in so here I am on the forum! :-)   I went to Atlanta to be with the boys at Christmas, the first time we've been together in a couple of years (covid). We all lived through it.  I've been playing with the Apple Pencil learning how to draw in ProCreate. A really different discipline than working with Scenery Development. Lots of fun if you haven't tried it.

I got the new Twin Otter and am having a ball with it.  So I'm doing a lot of flying now, which I was hardly doing at all last year during all of the construction. I'm not a pilot so I'm having fun learning how to fly VOR/VOR without GPS, etc. Learning how to do ILS approaches with the new Garmin units.  Making progress. It is fun to get into the air and see some of the things we built last year but through the windshield of my new Twin Otter rather than from inside the SDK developer's dungeon.

It is a lot of fun to fly the otter in the RTMM world and "harvest" all of the things we planted last year.

Doug

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 04:36:32 PM »
He's become quite the Bob Ross on the iPad with that Apple stylus.    ;D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 10:39:04 AM »
Impressive!

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 11:45:55 AM »
Indeed. Nice Doug..  Neat to learn new things to keep our mind active and as sharp as a tack!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 07:48:21 PM »
H'mmm.  Old dog new tricks..   :)