Author Topic: Another Farewell  (Read 5670 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Another Farewell
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:39:03 AM »
It's finally gotten that far. My wrist problems are just too big so I am going to have to retire from "active service". As you can see by now, I have removed the MM team image from my signature - it wouldn't be fair to claim "team status" if I can no longer contribute actively.

Painting is just too painful I'm afraid and has become a painful chore rather than the fun it used to be. It takes me weeks to get anything done at the moment.

Even flying gets painful after a while.

I am not completely leaving the FS world, but I am definitely reaching a stage and state of inactivity. And I am still fighting the insurance companies for recognition of my problamy as a work accident.

I'll be around still, but I can no longer promise or offer any active roles. For the time being I hope, although it does look like it could be permanent.

All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Another Farewell
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:49:03 AM »
Chris,

Sorry to hear this. As I'm all too familiar with, life steps in and demands attention. You'll be missed. But your work will live on here and we can always use your advice and suggestions. So don't be a stranger and stop by anytime.

Thanks for everything,

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »
Chris,
as Brad says, sorry to hear of your difficulties with the wrist etal. Although you can not offer any more of your outstanding paints, and that will be sorely missed by all of us, we are fortunate to have had the experience of what you have contributed to RTMM.  Take care, good luck with the insurance co. and please drop in and say hi occasionally.  Although you elect to 'remove the team image' you are still thought of as part of the team and every time one of use loads up a "MISTY" paint you are there in spirit.  Take care and keep in touch please.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Gypsy Pilot

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 03:44:09 AM »
I hate to hear that you are retiring when you still have so much information stored in your head.

I understand about the pain.  I have not been able to hold a brush or pencil for more than 5 minutes without severe cramping.  The pain is just too intense. 

It is time for you to take up teaching so that your hard learned skills do not go to waste.

Old age is hell and it ain't for the weak.

~~ Dale ~~
Dale "Gypsy Pilot" Evans

Fly like a Float Plane Pilot
Disconnect those brakes

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:08:17 PM »
Chris ... uh, sorry, but the rules (that we still haven't written down) clearly state that the TEAM LOGO TAG always is used ... ESPECIALLY by retired members!!!   Thanks for all you've done.  One day, when all "feels" good, maybe, just maybe .... ???

Doug

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »
Chris ... uh, sorry, but the rules (that we still haven't written down) clearly state that the TEAM LOGO TAG always is used ... ESPECIALLY by retired members!!!   Thanks for all you've done.  One day, when all "feels" good, maybe, just maybe .... ???

Doug

I vote for that, too! 8)
As said above you`ve done so much for RTMM, so we want to see you logging in there to say hello from time to time WITH using the Team Logo.

I really hope that healing process is faster than expected and get your insurance problems solved.
Take care! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »
Nothing left to heal unfortunately. No cartileges left between the wrist bones. I can type as long as I only move the fingers, but mousework and handwriting is bone on bone. (Crepitus)

But I am OK with dropping by for a jar or a moan or a general chinwag ;)

Bless you all and enjoy. Maybe I'll manage a paint in a couple of months per livery but at the moment...

Enjoy and be happy!
All the best,

Gypsy Pilot

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 01:46:42 AM »
Chris,
Have you considered using a program like Dragon?
Dale "Gypsy Pilot" Evans

Fly like a Float Plane Pilot
Disconnect those brakes

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 02:18:27 AM »
Yes. I even had a version many years ago. But for painting? Is that possible?
All the best,